Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do/buy for monitoring flow rates and water temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get USB3 or E-Sata 5ΒΌ" External Drive Enclosure and just use the one you have. Free up a bay and not loose any speed like on USB 2
    Last edited by Hooded; 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: added a link
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Hmm, I never considered an enclosure. I've been using e-sata enclosures for hard drives for years now, but it never occurred to me those existed for 5.25 devices. Duuuuuhh!! Great idea I hadn't considered, thanks! I can get a cheap USB3 DVD writer for $30 locally, so it's either that or a cheap enclosure.

Comment

For my blue-ray players I think the enclosure is my best choice. Would be cheaper to upgrade with future builds.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I do love my Vantec HD enclosure. Those things are worth the money, and you'll have it for years. I might pony up the dough for that, but with the impending release of the 900D case from Corsair, I might need to save all my pennies for that thing. Decisions decisions!

Comment

I pulled out all my inline temp sensors etc and now just use software temps tried a few things but been using the corsair link software lately.
            Corsair 800D
            2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
            Software Developer

Comment

I asked the same question....looks like res swirl and realtemp are the answer, cuz coretemp blows.
              CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
              XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

I need to stop asking questions like this. The answers become expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
                  I asked the same question....looks like res swirl and realtemp are the answer, cuz coretemp blows.
                  Agreed. I've been using CoreTemp for quite some time now; just last week, I came home from work to find the PC had shut itself down, seems CoreTemp was reading my CPU temp between 0 degrees and 192 degrees Celsius ...thus shutting down my PC.

Have since unchecked the overheat protection, and just use it to see the current temp and CPU clock.

Considered getting myself the Corsair Link setup; but after glancing through their forums, seems it was rushed out and loads of folks are having issues. So will stick with what I have for now. As for flow rates; I've got my DCP 4.0 pump running off a Lamptron fan controller - have it setup to read the RPM's and voltage.
                  AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X