Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK Supremacy EVO CSQ - 1150 Jet Plate Installation/Orientation

Hi guys,

I noticed the jet plate for the 1150 that comes with this water block has two small notches on the width side. Pictured below in the bottom left.

The installation instructions mention you need to make sure the plate 'locks into place' but don't speak to the correct orientation of those notches. What I mean is, the notches could be reversed just by flipping the jet plate over.

So my question is: Is there a correct orientation for this jet plate or does it matter? [EDIT] unless the notches correspond to posts in the block which create the 'lock'... ?

Thanks.

Leave the jet plate alone. no real need to change.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

The plate slot is orientated 90° to the water channels(ribs) in the block.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Really? I just assumed it was a standard thing to do. I know it's not required really but thought it was a good idea if you were comfortable with the doing it.

[EDIT] After looking at someone disassemble the block it looks like the notches are irrelevant as they don't come near the channels. If they are irrelevant I wonder why they're there at all? Maybe to help identify the plate when it's next to another one?
        Last edited by shiftymcgoo; 10-21-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X