Water Cooling setup question, Crystal link and trifire setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    I have a plastics supplier that I deal with quite often, I could drop by tomorrow and see how much it is, question though. Is od exactly 1/2 inch or is it 12 or 13 mm ?
    12.7mm

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      Also, why not to use angled fittings on both ends and have straight crystal link?
      You are right, this would be the easiest way, short vertical piece-45 degree-short piece-45 degree and then another vertical piece. I personally would just run a series circuit because with the high flow rates that the pumps can achieve and the relatively low resistance of GPU blocks. Temperatures of the blocks will be a lot more consistent in series due to flow being exactly the same in all blocks. For example in a parallel loop if top block gets a little bit of metal or dirt or whatever lodged in the fin structure the other blocks will receive a little more flow compared to the one with the slight obstruction.
      Last edited by gdesmo; 02-21-2013, 03:09 AM.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
        On the parralle loop question must disagree with Izerous, sorry bud.
        In my mind the tube will work more like a pipe header would work. Your pump will easily fill all the cards and flow. fairly evenly among them. Once the fluid comes out of the cards opposite port what difference would it make to flow up or down. None because it's a closed loop.

Here is a link to EK-Triple Parralel Bridge install manual that shows what flows will work. So what snef wants todo will be just fine.
        Actually he is correct, outlet at bottom must be on opposite side from inlet or most of the water will just shoot downwards taking the path of least resistance. If you need the outlet to be on left side you must move the inlet to the right.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Also, why not to use angled fittings on both ends and have straight crystal link?
          Well I haven't seen any 30º, 45º or 60º fittings that are Female on both ends like the dual 90º fitting shown. So that would mean you would have to have the perfect distance between ports for the angle fittings to triangulate. My trig sucks, don't know about you guys LOL.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
            Actually he is correct, outlet at bottom must be on opposite side from inlet or most of the water will just shoot downwards taking the path of least resistance. If you need the outlet to be on left side you must move the inlet to the right.
            No what snef is asking is can both inlet and outlet be onthe bottom of the bottom card. Answer YES. 1 side is inlet1 is outlet. The pump will shoot the water to the top of the tube. Only then will the water start to flow through the blocks. Because all the blocks have the same size port the flow is even through the blocks. The fluid is redirected through the blocks only because of the stop plug in the last card. That causes the backpressure and the flow through the blocks is even. Then on the outlet side of the block it doesn't matter which way the fluid flows up or down. now if you where close to the pumps max head then this might change but he will be no where near that.
            Last edited by Hooded; 02-21-2013, 03:19 AM.

Comment

My trig is great, I use it quite often in my work. I`m surprised you don`t come across that when you have to do process piping or conduit rolled offsets. Cheers to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                No what snef is asking is can both inlet and outlet be onthe bottom of the bottom card. Answer YES. 1 side is inlet1 is outlet. The pump will shoot the water to the top of the tube. Only then will the water start to flow through the blocks. Because all the blocks have the same size port the flow is even through the blocks. The fluid is redirected through the blocks only because of the stop plug in the last card. That causes the backpressure and the flow through the blocks is even. Then on the outlet side of the block it doesn't matter which way the fluid flows up or down. now if you where close to the pumps max head then this might change but he will be no where near that.
                If that`s the case then yes it will work fine, it sure sounded to me as though he just wanted to move bottom one over.

Comment

OK where is the foot in mouth smiley. I missunderstood snef question.
                  And the answer is NO you can't do that for the reasons stated buy Izerous and gdemso.

Comment

Thanks

Yes the inlet is on bottom card and outlet is on top card
                    I will not use the sane side

For crystal link
                    I will try to only have vertical and horizontal line ,no 45*
                    And the OD of crystal link is 12mm or 0.475"

Thanks for the link, i will take a look

Comment

Working...
                    X