Wiring Darkside CONNECT LEDs using Aqua Computer SPLITTY9 & PA Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Darkside CONNECT LEDs using Aqua Computer SPLITTY9 & PA Ultra

I'm connecting my Darkside CONNECT LEDs, and I just wanted to make sure everything is going to work ok. I have some single LEDs, a couple of LED strips, I'm connecting them to Aqua Computer's SPLITTY9, and then to a Poweradjust Ultra so I can control the brightness. Some of the LEDs are connected using a 3 way splitter converting them all to 1 x 3 pin connector, 2 of the LEDs are connected using a 2 way splitter to 1 x 3 pin connector, and the strips are hooked up directly to the SPLITTY9 using a 2 pin to 3 pin cable. The SPLITTY9 will be powered from a Poweradjust Ultra.

I'm just wondering if these LEDs will work correctly when powered like this. I'm not sure if anyone has used a SPLITTY9 to power the Darkside LEDs since it's such a new device, but has anyone else hooked them all up to a splitter hub and/or cables or does anyone know if these will work the way I'm trying to wire them up? I would appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone might have.

I can't see why they wouldn't work.
    The LED's require a min voltage of 6V and take a max of 12V.
    So long as your feeding them the minimum power they will light up.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Ok, thanks. I guess the only way to find out is to do it. I was just curious if the LEDs I have hooked up to the SPLITTY9 using a 3 way splitter might not be as bright as one LED connected directly to the SPLITTY9. I'm not an electrician. I know enough to be dangerous, but that's about it. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

You can split to 100 devices, same voltage (brightness), just 100x power consumption.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Great! Time to buy more!

Comment

Working...
          X