No announcement yet.

Watercooling questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you are right Hooded; I just read that. The amount of channels in the cooling plate also apparently between the Pro and Basic. 78/49

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/04/22...lock-review/2/

Comment

Cool Stuff. Slowly getting an Idea of what I think I may go with. Also interested in upcoming monoblocks for the CPU/VRM's on the AM4 boards that EK was talking about.

Comment

Good review, but top material makes no diference, so it all testing inconsistency.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

So by design, if I use a 360 the exhaust will be blowing into the PSU. Do you guys think that is a bad idea?

Comment

You could flip the PSU so that it blows onto it rather than straight into it. If you have a very clean house with little dust it would be fine.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
              You could flip the PSU so that it blows onto it rather than straight into it. If you have a very clean house with little dust it would be fine.
              Not sure if I should go with a 240 instead.... I see other builds with a 360 exhausting into the PSU, maybe it's not such a big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
                Not sure if I should go with a 240 instead.... I see other builds with a 360 exhausting into the PSU, maybe it's not such a big deal?
                It wouldn't be a big deal, you may raise the temp of the PSU slightly but it wouldn't hurt it. Especially with newer components that don't generate as much heat. I would flip it around though, I don't see a fan that high off the ground sucking in much dust and if you have one of the 'eco-mode' PSU's that turn the fan off when not in high use the fan will be off most of the time.
                My Imgur

Comment

Hmmm, not sure what to do... getting mixed reviews on PSU orientation... guess it doesn't really matter as long as the PSU is kept within its normal operating temperature range. Have a question about fittings... anyone have experience with Dazmode 90 rotary? I like the idea of keeping connections to a minimum, and after a bad experience with Bitspower rotary leaking, I have always been nervous about anything rotary. Are these high quality and a thoroughly tested design?

Comment

Working...
                  X