No announcement yet.

Silver kill coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning to add 4 more koolance fan for the cool side of the rad. But you're right hooded, My bitfinex recon fan controller can only get them as low as 1500rpm, sometimes they just go full tilt hehe for no reason. But the ball bearing should make this fan last longer than my uk3000. So what do you guys think about the yate loons blue uv fans. I'd like to also get 4x for the back warm rad (so it gives it some blue backlight in the dark) Should I get the 2400rpm version or 1650rpm. I'll dust off my soldering iron and start splicing some fan wires to reduce clutter hehe. Too many fans..

Gdesmo lol...So when are you getting your monsta's?

Cheers folks,
    "Casper B!"
    I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
    50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Already have two Alphacool UT 60 - 480 rads and will be getting three more 480's in the upcoming weeks.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Already have two Alphacool UT 60 - 480 rads and will be getting three more 480's in the upcoming weeks. Btw you should be using the slower speed fans when your fin count on the rads is 8 fpi to 12.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

probably no fan gives you as much bang for buck as the yate loons IMO @4-5 bucks

enermax have some good bling fans and bitfenix too

Comment

Got bored yesterday and picked up some coolermaster r4 fans and deep cool led fans (2000rpm@1500rpm/1300rpm@===) at CC. That deep cool led fans are so bright and actually pushes a descent amount of air at 1300rpm and the coolermaster r4 is actually quiet too.

Ok folks let me know what you think about my temps now. Not happy with one core running 5c higher than the rest. I had a really high ambient temps last night and that same core would reach 70C+. It would throw the system to crash course
            Ambient 25C (d5 setting to 3 (doesn't seem to matter if it's cranked up to 5))

Thinking of just un-sandwiching the xtx's and run push/pull. But this is going to be a pain in === once the time comes to drain

Cheers,
            "Casper B!"
            I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
              Got bored yesterday and picked up some coolermaster r4 fans and deep cool led fans (2000rpm@1500rpm/1300rpm@===) at CC. That deep cool led fans are so bright and actually pushes a descent amount of air at 1300rpm and the coolermaster r4 is actually quiet too.

Ok folks let me know what you think about my temps now. Not happy with one core running 5c higher than the rest. I had a really high ambient temps last night and that same core would reach 70C+. It would throw the system to crash course
              Ambient 25C (d5 setting to 3 (doesn't seem to matter if it's cranked up to 5))

Thinking of just un-sandwiching the xtx's and run push/pull. But this is going to be a pain in === once the time comes to drain

Cheers,
              You will get better temps running them separate in push-pull and having different core temps is normal. Crash at 70 C ?

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                You will get better temps running them separate in push-pull and having different core temps is normal. Crash at 70 C ?
                I will try to run them separately in push/pull on the next maintenance. I'm saving the daz protect with my remaining tubes here hehe...Probably i'll just order 50ft of tubing so I don't have to deal with the lazy canada post driver Now I have all the rads in push/pull mode and their all glowing blue. The radiators from the blue lagoon lol. BTW, gdesmo you think I got a bad mount?
                "Casper B!"

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
                  I will try to run them separately in push/pull on the next maintenance. I'm saving the daz protect with my remaining tubes here hehe...Probably i'll just order 50ft of tubing so I don't have to deal with the lazy canada post driver Now I have all the rads in push/pull mode and their all glowing blue. The radiators from the blue lagoon lol. BTW, gdesmo you think I got a bad mount?
                  Nope, I've seen 8-12 C swing in cores before and if it was a bad mount you would most likely have worse temps.

Comment

Nope, I've seen 8-12 C swing in cores before and if it was a bad mount you would most likely have worse temps.
                    What TIM are you using for your setup? I'm going to start shopping for a low powered portable a/c unit. This is the only way to drop the temps further and besides we're probably going to have a really nasty summer again. But all the ladies in shorts short makes up with all that heat lol

I just had this idea of stacking the radiators in such a way that the secondary rad doesn't suffer from warm air from the first rad. I might have to rig up some mounting brackets or just using the fan casing to mount the 2 rads together. Have you ever seen that massive rad "Gigant"? Something like that, but all fans point to one direction and in push/pull. Going to head over at Canadian tire and see if I can grab some nuts/bolts for that. It should make everything very compact/mobile and easy to maintain.
                    "Casper B!"

Comment

Graphene and ceramic hybrid that I am concocting. Ha ! Ha ! 480's and compact should not be used in the same sentence.

Comment

Graphene and ceramic hybrid that I am concocting. Ha ! Ha ! 480's and compact should not be used in the same sentence.
                        Can't wait ti'll you get all your monsta rads man. I know someone will lend me one for a test drive when it arrives Gonna an a/c unit soon and try different orientation on these rads. Btw, I flipped the cpu block and now the temps have flatten up a bit. Instead one core running hotter, now theres one running extremely cooler like 5c lol.

Maybe someday Daz will suprise all of us with an assortment of monster rads and we can continue this madness hehe
                        "Casper B!"

Comment

Working...
                        X