really.. IDK the answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really.. IDK the answer?

one of my buddies insists on asking me all kinds of questions as he learns about watercooling... today he stumped me... so here's the question.

Yo Bungz

I ended up getting the H100i from Corsair, despite your insistance on the Swiftec AIO.
    So anyway, I ordered a couple of extra fans to add to it, so I can do push/pull out the top of my case.

It comes with 2 120mm Corsair Static pressure fans (rated 77 CFM at max 2700 RPM)
    and I also ordered 2 Corsair Air Series SP120 (rated: 62.74 CFM at max 2350 RPM)

The question is, which fans do I use for push and which for pull?

Any help would be appreciated, Dave
    little help?
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

The way I have always looked at it is that the push does the main work the the puller is just a helper. Thus personally I'd use the ones it came with as the push and the extras he ordered as the pull.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Yup, wht tzerous said. The more powerful fans should push the air thru the rad and the added fans are helper fans and pull.

Comment

In my mind using the lesser powered fans as pull will just be for show. In a push pull setup where the fans are not all equal the lesser fans will bring the airflow down. They will create resistance and prevent a proper flow from the better fans.

I've taken the 3 xspc 1200 rpm fans off my Blue Dragon build and am using just the 3 Tribwerk 21db @ 62CFM in push, has dropped my temps by 2Âșc through out the system.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Had to laugh when I saw this one, simple logic would dictate that you should put two of the same fans on each core ! Hooded has the right idea though, just use really good ones from the beginning.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
            Had to laugh when I saw this one, simple logic would dictate that you should put two of the same fans on each core ! Hooded has the right idea though, just use really good ones from the beginning.
            Bingo!
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

a fan controller should be able to make all those corsiar case fans sing at the same rpm
              "Casper B!"
              I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
              50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

thanks guys...

I've always thought push pull is more of a marketing gimmick than a real good cooling solution.

I'm just going to tell Dave to get the Typhoons.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

If anyone comes across a better fan than the typhoons please let me know

after buying a ton of different fans,none really compare

Comment

This video should answer the question

Comment

thanks Jaggy... not a linus fan but this is one of his vids that I can like.

I hear you FF. first time I used GT's was last weekend,
                      man are they ever quiet.
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X