Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tpbmods View Post
    Hope to see more progress soon, this is such a promising refresh
    Thanks. Means a lot from you. Nothing fancy like you as i want to keep the caselabs pure as possible. I probably won't be done till next year. Too many uncertainties.

1. Caselabs Repaint/Custom Parts won't be done till 2021/2022 at the earliest. I probaby will do custom parts when I go back to Asia next year and in process bring back the custom parts (saving shipping). I got to travel and visit family and friends there anyways
    2. CPU Search is who knows - Either 5900X/5950X. Getting Stock is major issue.
    3. GPU Search - Mess: It's between any of the 6800XT/6900XT/3080 Strix/FTW3 10GB/3080TI. Getting Stock is also major issue.
    4. GPU Waterblock - Still Stuck between Heatkiller, Aquacomputer, Optimus (dependent on GPU) but I really like the look of the Optimus
    5. Still Missing Two Radiator - 100% Going for Heatkiller New Radiators this November (hope its timely release)
    6. Considering Custom Fan Cover (would be in 2021 also) or Heatkiller Mo-Ra3 Fan Cover if fits.

The only good thing is i am sitting on cash ready to go into the market when i get things. I am only certain the radiators and custom fan cables will get here by the end of the year.

Comment

Way too many fittings. Got to resolve after the build done. At least 100usd in Optimus fittings.
      Attached Files

Comment

Update:

Good News: I got an 5950X Pre-Ordered at good price. Almost got an 5950X from AMD.com but site crashed on me at last step. So now down to the GPU and again no rush situation, possibly delaying till CPU is out and am keeping eye on rumored 3080TI option. Radiator is just matter of whenever Heatkiller releases them. Fortunate i sold my old hardware, which allowed me to largely fund the upgrades this year without new funding.

Bad News: I will either be finishing rig at end of December or next year.

Comment

Best of luck getting it done for end of December
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice, I put my order in for a 5950X too. I'm waiting on AMD GPUs. Little birds tell me there *will* be actual stock, and it will not be another 3080 situation. But they're still in crazy demand, so chances are you'll be waiting no matter what. I'm waiting on Watercool for their new Heatkiller V GPU blocks, so any way to slice it, we're in a holding pattern.

How are you liking the Optimus fittings? I have their CPU block for X570, and while it performs well enough, I still wouldn't recommend it to friends. That company seems a bit 'rough around the edges', but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
              Nice, I put my order in for a 5950X too. I'm waiting on AMD GPUs. Little birds tell me there *will* be actual stock, and it will not be another 3080 situation. But they're still in crazy demand, so chances are you'll be waiting no matter what. I'm waiting on Watercool for their new Heatkiller V GPU blocks, so any way to slice it, we're in a holding pattern.

How are you liking the Optimus fittings? I have their CPU block for X570, and while it performs well enough, I still wouldn't recommend it to friends. That company seems a bit 'rough around the edges', but still good.
              I very much like them, replaced all my BP fittings with them if you haven't noticed. Fittings are fitting so barrows and optimus perform the same job. Question is are you you willing to pay 75usd for pack of 6(or 12.50usd each) and 30USD DHL shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post

GPU wise, i think it's going to be lot harder to get honestly. Just got to keep an open mind on 3080 (model you want), wait for 3080ti, 6800xt and 6900xt and see what comes out. You aren't going to get your situation where you get all four options, just what options are available when you can't wait anymore.

Comment

I'll just stick with the Darkside fittings form Daz and get the best price in Canada on fittings.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                    I'll just stick with the Darkside fittings form Daz and get the best price in Canada on fittings.
                    Yup. It's truly dependent on each person.

Thanks for the support but i am pretty open on finishing build in 2021 at this point. I just got to stick with the PS5 launch version and 4800H + RTX2060 Gaming Laptop till then. Not great having an desktop that can't be used for its third month but I rather get the best solution for me rather than rush to have an rig ready for cyberpunk 2077. I can't really afford jumping form 3900X to 3950X like i did last year.

Comment

With new restrictions, build will be done in 2021. The other change is i am going to be replacing the 960evo 1tb with an sn850 1tb. Want to try out rtx io so 3080ti is likely candidate. Splitting costs over several months is also nicer on wallet.

Comment

Maybe there's slim chance if I get lucky on 6900xt. Update on the 5950X order.

Thank you for your AMD Ryzen Processor order.

We have received a tremendous number of customer orders that are more than the inventory that AMD has allocated to us. As a result, we are unable to ship your order as quickly as B&H typically delivers customer orders.

We expect to be able to ship your order by December 21st. This timing is subject to AMD’s current delivery schedule and is subject to change. We are working closely with AMD trying to secure additional product to hopefully accelerate the schedule.

We will send you an update in early December to hopefully confirm the timing. If you have any questions, please email me along with your order number at [email protected].

Comment

Looks like I will be able to get an partial build back up by end of year assuming my 5950x comes in. I decided to screw it and by joining the 3090FTW3 group, i effectively cut my wait time down. Waterblock is either Optimus/Heatkiller at this point and Radiator are MIA but these can be resolved whenever. I have enough cooling hardware to handle an CPU only loop for now. May also save money and go HWL GTS360/Corsair 30mm Route but will determine that in 2021.

Also hardware wise, changing over to the new x570 hero dark.

Comment

Update 2: Machine should be up by end of contest. Got an 5800x to use in meantime. The bad news is GPU waterblock (leaning towards Optimus) and Heatkiller Radiators will be 2021 project. So going simple cpu loop for now.

Comment

I think you are wise to delay if there is any doubt. In last year's contest I tried to finish but didn't, and was scored on a partial build. The previous year I got my entry up and running (even placed 3rd) but there was still stuff that wasn't quite there due to time constaints.

Keep at it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                                I think you are wise to delay if there is any doubt. In last year's contest I tried to finish but didn't, and was scored on a partial build. The previous year I got my entry up and running (even placed 3rd) but there was still stuff that wasn't quite there due to time constaints.

Keep at it though!
                                Good point. Contest wise i am missing too much for it to be an interesting water build. Not really an concern at this point. The amount of planned work is a lot involving custom work on the caselabs and i may endup doing the painting myself in the summer time. That and I am leaning towards waiting out till 2023 to change CPU, Mobo (2nd gen of DDR5 chipsets) but really am interested in next year PCIE4 Nvme based on 144Layer and 176Layer Nand.

My main goal this year is get working desktop ready for Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k120, its approaching three months of no working desktop and lugging around an laptop to and from work everyday is not what i can call fun. My patience can only last so long. Now just waiting for my custom sleeved cables to come in two weeks and the x570 Asus Hero Dark to come in. I probably need an heatsinked PCH with the SN850 1TB and that GPU blocking the fan on the chipset.

The water side i have no choice but to delay lol. Optimus is literally not reliable timewise. They haven't even shipped first batch of ftw3 blocks. Heatkiller just delayed the FTW3 block to next year. They are earily silent on the new radiators again. So running it on air is best option till they are ready. Just glad the test fitting of the GPU is an success per say, no concerns with radiator placement and tubing runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X