No announcement yet.

FacePalm of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just again I was asked what the difference between 3:1 and 4:1 heatshrink.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Was it Bungs ?
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Heh Heh !
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I've got a 15 Down/10 Up internet connection from Bell. My actual upload speed is 0.65 Mbps, and just got off the phone with a LEVEL TWO TECHNICIAN.

I had to explain to him that Kilobits are not the same thing as Kilobytes.

COME ON BELL.

Also they're selling 15 Up/10 Down when the hardware in my town doesn't even support those speeds. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Relikar View Post
              I've got a 15 Down/10 Up internet connection from Bell. My actual upload speed is 0.65 Mbps, and just got off the phone with a LEVEL TWO TECHNICIAN.

I had to explain to him that Kilobits are not the same thing as Kilobytes.

COME ON BELL.

Also they're selling 15 Up/10 Down when the hardware in my town doesn't even support those speeds. Cool.
              I have the same plan. They are still rolling out Fibe here, and it's not available in my area. I top out around 11.5 down, and my upload is the same as yours. Was told that although it's the 15/10, I'd be lucky to get 15/1...

It would be nicer to have the full upload for sure, but at least the important one is running decent. I'll likely make the jump to a 25 package when Fibe finishes rolling out.

Comment

Through Shaw I'm on a 50/3 plan quite often with speedtest.net when i check occasionally will report about 40/2 as a result. If you read the fine print most providers however mention that the speeds are "UP TO" those number not guaranteed those numbers. I had a big fight with Telus before because of that, also had a fight with Telus because they changed our static IP for our office and broke the DNS mappings to our servers by doing so.
                Corsair 800D
                2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                Software Developer

Comment

I know it says up to, but come on, 10mbps down too 0.65 is a joke.

Also, hate to break it to you jrees, but their Fibe network is still DSL. I'm on Fibe 15 right now. Fibe 25 is still 10 up too.

Comment

Speaking of facepalms. Google Nexus 4 owner here. (In case you aren't aware that's their flagship phone...)
                    I received android 4.3 over the air update 3 weeks ago. It destroyed my phone. No joke. Battery , performance. Everything else. All you need to do is google "Nexus 4 Android 4.3" and read all the nightmares owners have been having with this.
                    http://www.neowin.net/news/nexus-4-o...o-brick-phones
                    Google has stayed completely quiet on the matter. I received my brand new replacement a moment ago and am in the process of restoring from a very old backup (Android 4.2.2 thankfully!)

Anyway...Technology. What a pain in aaaaa....

Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

I know the 15 is Fibe. The new hardware and infrastructure rolling out to support Fibe tv and such will increase the bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
                        I know the 15 is Fibe. The new hardware and infrastructure rolling out to support Fibe tv and such will increase the bandwidth.
                        and then "stolen" by Verizon ... muhahah
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

I've worked for bell a few years ago. back then, if you had a down 3/.5 up as a plan and your region can give you more in either up or down, they will offer a faster plan to you regardless if the highest your region can get is just 3.2/.6 and the next plan is 8/2 and the price premium is higher then the actual speed benefit. That is how it was a few years ago and doesn't seam to me like it changed based on what I read here. I am with 3WEB and switching to distributel at the end of the month as they bought them out. they promise me 25/3 if I am remembering right I’ll have to see if that really is the case with two services in the house but I was always satisfied so it pained me to have to switch and buy a new modem on top of the ( I owned my own). By the way, these speed test not that accurate in most cases but I have to admit the numbers wouldn’t vary that much as they can be relatively close.
                          Orange GT Build
                          Orange V8 GT Build
                          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Request of the day: I need red liquid with this complete watercoling kit. Will it cost me more?

Comment

Include a pack of red Kool-Aid.

Comment

This continue to amaze me how people still have no clue that DazMode is Canadian.

"bonjour je voudrais savoir si il y a des frais de douane?"

Do we have customs between Ontario and Quebec?
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X