Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayhems Aurora Coolant fiasco (from start to finish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there.

Ive think there are a lot of point to address on here.

1) Bottle labels. No info about the wiki on them. - I am working on implementing this and adding the wiki to the labels.

2) Web site info again i am working on this and we will make the information more prominent.

3) We have posted this info about aurora on many forums on how to use it , whats it for and its purpose. How ever we cannot do it on every forum. We are very open and tell people what the coolant is used for. How ever it seems some times our massage doesn't get across so ill have to look into this further.

4) We do tell resellers what the liquids are used for, how ever if "Dazmods" hasn't been told this will be my fault. I will be at fault for this reason alone. None of this is Dazmods fault so please never blame the resellers of our product lines and this is why we deal with all support direct.

5) I have not seen any email about the pooling of the pearl at the bottom of the res. Ive double checked all my support emails and there is no mention of this any ware (esp for a EK res). So i can only presume that sales have told you this and again i will sort this out. All email for "support at mayhems dot co dot uk" should come to me alone.

6) If you need to contact me direct my email is "michael at mayhems dot co dot uk"

7) If your after a long term liquid for use over a long period of time Mayhems Pastel is the perfect liquid for this and is rated for up to 3 years in a live systems. Aurora was never developed to be a long term liquid and was developed as a looks only liquid to show off users system. How ever Aurora is still being worked on to expand it life and to get it to work better how ever this is a very slow process.

8) We get asked all the time if so and so product has been tested. We cannot cover every single peace of equipment that is out there. If a manufacturer would like us to test there product we will test it providing they work with us. Some manufacturers flatly refuse to do this. We do the best with what we can and with what we have. All our liquids are tested by normal users and we work from there feed back. If there is a problem we try to resolve it as quickly as possible how ever we cannot resolve issues with products that are not ours..

If you have any more question please contact me direct and i will do my best to help you out.

On a side note : About my Personal Facebook page .. that is a personal Facebook page and has nothing to do with Mayhems as a company. Me and TTL has sorted out our differences and we are both quite happy now. If your not happy with my personal Facebook page then i suggest you do not add me or remove your self from it.

Mick
    Last edited by mayhem; 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

very cool of you mate. cheers.

Mayhem dyes and pastel coolants are still no.1 in my book.
      I'll keep my unused bottles of Aurora for something special.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

I think Aurora needs to be put is special "show case" section with all details being spelled clearly right on manufacturer website. Making users go somewhere else for usage details and product information is shooting yourself in the leg - hurts credibility.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

this is what im working on at the moment all though not live, as you can see it was all ready thought about it, its just not live atm,

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front1/ you can see were have separated the products. Please remember though im no web site guru and this takes for for this to all happen. The wiki page has "all ways " been on our sites if users do not wish the read then the the loaded gun is in there own hands not ours. We go out our way to support uses a lot further than any other liquid cooling manufacturer and we make sure we all ways follow up support to the best we can. the support email is even on the bottles so users can have direct contact with us.

If a user is not happy with our product fair game, if the user doesn't know how to use the product there is only so much we can do.

Mick
          Last edited by mayhem; 07-21-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I knew well enough to know that I needed to add the Aurora concentrate to 500ml of distilled water (and shake well), so I guess this sort of proves that I know how to read :p

As for all of the former postings on the subject (from myself); I thought that the members of dazmode forums ought to know just what they'd be getting themselves into if (and/ or when) they decided to give your coolant a try, as you can plainly see from the photos provided here, it was a real bi**h to try and clean my system of the coolant particulates when all was said and done (no quick rinsing would clean the tube reservoir or the insides of the pump).

" The wiki page has "all ways " been on our sites if users do not wish the read then the the loaded gun is in there own hands not ours. "

For any other coolant I've used in the past and present did I have to try and locate a "wiki" page to get the full details of the product; heck, even Daz's own Dazmode Protector bottle has more information on it than the bottle of Aurora I received (as does Feser One Cooling Fluid).

The only warning the bottle of Aurora states on the bottle I received is this: " This coolant is not guaranteed to work in all liquids cooling systems" and " DO NOT USE WITH INLINE FILTERS OF ANY TYPE. THESE WILL CAUSE THE SYSTEM TO BLOCK UP. "

If this product was (and still is) intended for show pieces for a (very) short time only; then it should state that on the bottle, and resellers (such as Daz) should be made fully aware of this prior to them receiving the product to sell on their websites.
            The bottle of Aurora Tharsis Red pictured here http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthr...=36481&page=29 looks a hell of a lot different than the bottles that were shipped to me (through dazmode.com), the ones pictured seem to have way more information on the labels than the ones I got (will post an update pic tonight).

This thread is about done, I think all that has needed to be said has been said, all that needed to be posted has been posted. The members of this forum have stated how they feel about Mayhems Aurora coolant; now it's up to them if they want to try it themselves, or stay with something more familiar.

Brechan
            Last edited by brechan69; 07-26-2012, 04:25 AM.
            AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

I think you stated the obvious there -> "This coolant is not guaranteed to work in all liquids cooling systems" and you if you would like us to ship the 1ltr bottles out to your country then expect to pay 4x as much due to shipping costs. You are quoting a UK web site in the pics not the concentrate so again you never read the product before you bought it. It even states 250ml Concentrate.

As for the label

SAFETY

All Mayhem’s coolants come with child safety caps fitted to reduce the risk of children drinking our coolants how ever it is up to the end user to be responsible and keep these liquids out of reach of pets and children. Please keep the bottle and do not pour the coolant down the drain. Use the bottle to dispose of the fluids after use in a environmentally and safe manner.

Before Using Mayhems Aurora

The system must be clean and have no chemicals of any kind left in the system. We recommend you flush your system with Either DI water or Mayhem’s Ultra Pure H20 Before use. Mayhems Aurora has Biocides and inhibitors included in the Mixture.

Properties & Benefits

Child safety cap.
              Protection against copper, brass, steel, nickel and aluminum Proven to ASTM D3306 and BS6580 standards.
              Mobilises to prevent scale.
              Can be stored for up to 3 years (if stored in a cool dry environment and out of direct sunlight)

Mixing

Mix with 500mls of Di water or Ultra Pure water. To make 750 ml of coolant.

This coolant is not guaranteed to work in all liquids cooling systems. For support please contact Mayhems direct as this is a complex coolant.

Then we have the Mayhems website and the Mayhems email address with barcodes ...
              So there is plenty of information on the sticker and plenty of info for any person to understand. All so with the full details included for you to contact us. Since we have sold ni on 5,000+ ltrs of Aurora and you may join the small amount of people that have not got it working id say they the odds have worked out quite well. How ever like i say were are watching and listening and will a just the label to include the wiki page. But once again if you buy a product and have not looked before buying this is beyond our control.

Now if you contacted me via my email and talked to me id have replaced your coolant with some thing more of use to you and free of change how ever looking though my email i cannot see it anywhere.

So im sorry it has "Not worked in your system" as stated on the bottle how ever you are still welcome to contact me direct and i will still replace you fluid with some thing more suited to your needs "free of change".

we cannot do any better than that.

Mick

as a side note aurora 2 is actually gone into testing how ever it will be a while before we get any further ->

As you can see again it is not a complex loop.
              Last edited by mayhem; 07-22-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Make it pink and would look like the sewer ooze from ghost busters 2

Comment

Working...
                X