Something purple for the wife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something purple for the wife!

Hey guys. I am looking for a good case to do a build for the wife. Something mainly black preferably with some purple on the exterior if possible (I can always Paint or add some graphics on the case in purple if needed). Lots of mesh screens to allow purple lighting from the fan lights to shine through. I also would like to note that I think it should be something "Water cooling friendly" I'm thinking that I have a spare 360mm x 45 x 120 rad and a spare 240mm x 30 x 120 rad to use for this build. (would prefer to use single 360). I've got a MSI Z97M Gaming and a MSI Z97S SLI Krait motherboard to start this build off not sure which one I want to use yet. Combine that with a Corsair RM850 Silence, Gigabyte GTX 970, Intel 750 / 400gig PCIe SSD, i5 4590 cpu and a xeon e3 1231 cpu (thinking she should get the xeon), 4 Seagate Barracuda 3 tb drives and two WD red 4 tb drives. I don't have the ram yet but I will probably go with GSKILL Ripjaw 2400mhz DDR3.

My wife doesn't do a lot of gaming but does do a lot of graphics and video rendering and a lot of 3D cad programs on her computer. That's why she is going to need a lot of storage. Her current computer is a MSI 990FXA GD65 motherboard with fx 8350 cpu, an r9 290x vid card and a Corsair Graphite 600T white case. She absolutely hates her computer! She thinks it's an ugly monstrosity. She thinks it's big ugly and loud. She would like something pretty slightly compact and black. She likes the NZXT Phantom cases but not the size of most of them. I showed her the corsair carbide 540 and she thought it was worse. She also liked the antec 900 but it's not so water cooling friendly.

I think what she actually likes is the mesh in the front with the glow of the fans poking through. (pretty colors) lol

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Hum, that makes a lot of specific points. The 3 that comes to my mind are the Corsair graphite 230t, front mesh with 5.25 bay cover mesh imitation, the Fractal design Core 3000 that has front full mesh and the corsair 780t with a front and top meshed section.

Comment

Though not a huge fan of the company, the Thermaltake Core v31 is actually a great case with lots of mesh front and top. I had one with two 360 mm rads in it.

Another is the Cooler master Master Case Pro 5, and another the Cooler master n400. As is the CM 690 III.

The Enthoo Pro M is also a really good case for the money and a fair bit smaller than the regular Enthoo Pro and can handle a 360mm radiator up top or in front and comes in black or green. It's a lot better looking in real life than pictures.
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Well guys I've come down to two choices for the case build. Out of all the cases that will show off a beautiful build I decided it to be either the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with full acrylic side panel, or the In Win 805 black case. At this point in time I'm leaning toward the In Win case. Thanks for the assistance on trying to help but in the end it actually took me to go to Vancouver to visually look at a bunch of cases.

Comment

Forgot to mention why I like each case and what the downfall of each is. I really like the open clear panels of the In Win case. All glass will show off a build nicely. I don't like the one and only place to put a rad in this build. It's up against the front bezel. It can only take a 240mm or 280mm rad up front in one location only. It does have mounts on the back side of the motherboard tray for my 3 SSD's in raid 0. It also has limited hard drive bays but I figure I could just mount one of my Fractal Design hard drive bay assemblies in without a hich.

The Phanteks on the other hand isn't as open of a concept but has a full side acrylic panel that attaches to the frame using thumb screws and is cheaper by over 70 bucks. Not to mention that it's completely water cooling friendly. I would have to buy extra hard drive mounts and instead of using SSD mounts on the backside of the tray I would use the intel PCIe drive in this build or maybe not. LOL

Either choice provides a lot of pro's and con's. No matter what build she gets it's got to be spectacular. She is due for a show computer! She's earned it as well!

Comment

Phanteks Pro M Acrylic
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I would go with the phanteks. More rad flexibility and their build quality and included accessories are phenomenal. The pro m is basically the same as the evolv atx with different outer styling and panel material from what I understand. The chassis itself is the same I think and if so, it is very well done.

Comment

Ok guys the wife has chosen and I have purchased the case. And the winner is : Phanteks Enthoo Pro M by a landslide! She watched one video review and made her mind up immediately.

She says " I want this!"

She also says " I get to choose the colors and lights n'fans n'stuff right?"
                The reply was "Yes!"

Comment

great choice

sweet case

Comment

I just told her she has to pay for the water cooling equipment. (Was joking but she doesn't know) She is now looking at AIO coolers LOL

Comment

LOL
                      Nice case choice. Were you able to get an Acrylic version?
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

No I didn't get the acrylic version. I got the case for $90.00 I figure that I can make a hardened acrylic panel for it for less than $40.00 . Last one I made only cost me about $10.00 and was scratch resistant and sound proof since it was 8mm thick.

Comment

Originally posted by dvnoakes View Post
                          No I didn't get the acrylic version. I got the case for $90.00 I figure that I can make a hardened acrylic panel for it for less than $40.00 . Last one I made only cost me about $10.00 and was scratch resistant and sound proof since it was 8mm thick.
                          Nice, custom windows are always better than stock! Haven't seen this case before can't wait to see your build in it, espically after the hellcat build!
                          My Imgur

Comment

Ok guys I need some advice. (Again) I'm looking at the DDC pump: Laing DDC 3.25 18W Pump w/ TACH cable ( MCP355, PMP-400, DDC-T1 Plus )

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...3_25_18w_pump/

I am thinking that I would like to combine it with the res top : DDC TOP Water Tank Integrated Kit 150 (POM Version)

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...0-pom-version/

Will the two jive together? Is there anything extra I will need? Never combined the two before.

Comment

There is diagram showing assembly. Nothing else is required but two.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X