Something purple for the wife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir they absolutely will.
    I just picked up two of those plus I like to use the Heatsink for DDC as well.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Yes sir they absolutely will.
      I just picked up two of those plus I like to use the Heatsink for DDC as well.
      Heatsink is a good idea, pretty sure heat is what killed my DDC 3.25

Comment

Heat is why I always stuck with the D5. Whenever I hear a horror story about a pump failing, it's ALWAYS a DDC pump and it's NEVER a D5 pump. D5's don't need heat sinks, extra airflow, etc., so that cements it as *the* go to pump in my mind, unless space is at a premium. In tight fitment cases, the DDC wins in terms of how much space it eats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
          Heat is why I always stuck with the D5. Whenever I hear a horror story about a pump failing, it's ALWAYS a DDC pump and it's NEVER a D5 pump. D5's don't need heat sinks, extra airflow, etc., so that cements it as *the* go to pump in my mind, unless space is at a premium. In tight fitment cases, the DDC wins in terms of how much space it eats up.
          It is not THAT bad, just 0.1% vs 5% failure rate. Try XSPC 750 pump crap with 70%!
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
            On d5 now but to be fair to the ddc pump family, my 3.25 did pump strong for almost 3 years before it died.

Comment

Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
              On d5 now but to be fair to the ddc pump family, my 3.25 did pump strong for almost 3 years before it died.
              Mine was good for 2 and since I killed it while filling I assumed I did something to make it die.
              On a random note I hooked up a D5 to a res and nothing else to test and clean it out, and when I ran it the loop temp increased enough to feel really warm since there was no heat dissipation. I turned it off but I won't test another pump without a rad in the future.
              My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                It is not THAT bad, just 0.1% vs 5% failure rate. Try XSPC 750 pump crap with 70%!
                Damn, that's a retardedly high failure rate! Of course I should have added that the DDC/D5 horror stories are few and far between, but when they pop up, they're always DDC. You rarely hear of a D5 failure.

Comment

I've only had one DDC pump fail, and that was when I was running dual pumps... and they were not identical

so, likely the one that failed was having to do more work to keep up, and just burned out.

lucky I was smelling melted plastic and could enact emergency shut down procedures.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Well I've changed my cart options and gone with the d5 and Aqualis pump top res. Sollved the heck out of that problem. It turns out to be cheaper than the other combo when you add heatsink to the bottom of the pump.

The only reason why I was thinking of that setup is for complete silence. Sometimes you can hear the d5 pumps whining.

Last thing I have to find is uv reactive pink, purple or fuchsia fluid. Once I got that I'm good to go.

Comment

Ok guys a couple of things I wanted to go over with you. I want to do a pink theme and have decided to use Mayhems Pastel Extreme with some Pink dye concentrate. Does anyone know how much dye to mix in. I was thinking of diluting the Extreme into 3 Liters total. Is it a whole bottle, two bottles, or maybe just drops ... etc?

Next question is: Pumps, pump tops, Reservoirs and reservoirs with pump base are in patchy supply lately it seems. I was thinking about maybe using a PWM D5 pump. Is there a special method to filling, bleeding and leak testing the system or just hook up the molex and go using the psu switch? Do I have to apply power to the PWM or do I have to hook up the mainboard? Never used a PWM pump before. Is it better to wait and order a variable pump with a tach cable?

Comment

My personal preference is to NEVER use the systems PSU when firing up a pump for leak testing, but that's just me. The best $20 I ever spent was on a 12v/5v external power supply from Daz. That way, you can JUST hook up the pump, and leave everything else powered off, so even if you have a MAJOR leak, there won't be any harm done. I refuse to use silly things like PSU jumpers.

As for the dye, I have no idea, but a YouTuber named Kyle (Awesomesauce Network on YT) did a build with pink fluid (and it looks awesome), so it might be worth checking into what he used.

Comment

most loops, one bottle of dye is all you need... super concentrated. and ya, typically add a few drops to your clear liquid and see what you think.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

I never used more that 1/4 of TFC dye bottle in my loop.
                            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                            Venom Build: Build Log,
                            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                            Orange Build: Final Video
                            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Ok thanks guys. That helps a lot. The wife seen The computer build by awesomesauce ( Hotline ) in the background of one of the video's I was watching. She said that is exactly the color she wants in her loop! I just going to do my best to make her happy...

Comment

O.O damn i can't wait for this to be built...Been deciding on the 400C / Ethoo Pro M / Fracal Design S(didn't like S no filter on top..WTF fracal) (Ethoo Pro M is on sale atm)...might try to resurrect the X58.

Comment

Working...
                                X