No announcement yet.

ModmyMods.....uh....pro mod for Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't get machining done that cheap.
    No good quality machine shop does work at a rate of $20/hour.
    Plus the CNC would require the cuts be programed in, so if your not handing the shop a DFX file for the CNC, your paying for that as well.
    Xman is spewing a large amount of BS.

Also I don't need to talk to B-Negative or CoolerMiester, as I have as many if not more skills than them, having been an industrial millwright for 30+ years. I work to hundreds of a mill and thousands of a inch everyday.
    Last edited by Hooded; 06-21-2017, 06:58 PM.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

yeh, $20 was sounding a little low for me.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Not only does it need cutting. It needs bending too. If it was just a flat piece, things would be easier

Comment

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
          Not only does it need cutting. It needs bending too. If it was just a flat piece, things would be easier
          Well I think xman was referring to modifying the original panel but I still can't see a shop doing that for 20 bucks or a box of donuts unless you were pretty tight with the owner.

Comment

Regardless of price they have improved the design significantly because when I had this case and I wrote that mini review, I found a 7 degree difference in CPU temperatures with the panel removed vs their 5 with the redesigned panel.

"I have found that after stressing the CPU for the same amount of time with both the top panel on and removed, there was a 7 degree temperature difference on the hottest core and a 6 degree temperature difference in the water."

That 5 degrees is worth 80 dollars IMO and doesn't require leaving the top exposed.

Comment

ah yes. Well...You could always go to Princess Auto and scoop a plasma cutter for a grand

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...er/A-p8611303e

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                You can't get machining done that cheap.
                No good quality machine shop does work at a rate of $20/hour.
                Plus the CNC would require the cuts be programed in, so if your not handing the shop a DFX file for the CNC, your paying for that as well.
                Xman is spewing a large amount of BS.

Also I don't need to talk to B-Negative or CoolerMiester, as I have as many if not more skills than them, having been an industrial millwright for 30+ years. I work to hundreds of a mill and thousands of a inch everyday.
                "Xman is spewing a large amount of BS." LMFAO ! No, sounds like your peepee hurts for whatever reason. What bullshit have I spewed?

And yes, I get work done for next to nothing at a very reputable machine shop. Like I said, a box of donuts can go a long way. And yes, you are correct. The CNC machine needs to be fed the proper file. Isnt the internet just amazing?

So if you have more skills than the two modders mentioned, where's your work? I have seen nothing of yours to back up your claim.

Comment

I don't think he's BSing, but more that HE can get that stuff done for $20. WE, the people who don't have shop connections, cannot. You can't tell me Joe Schmuck off the street can get that kind of stuff done for $20.

Comment

Hooded is spot on ! X, you seem to aggravate a lot of people here with your bragging and insults towards others. A true millwright has to master nearly all trades to a degree and to exacting tolerances and quality. Grow up and be a decent person for a change.
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                      I don't think he's BSing, but more that HE can get that stuff done for $20. WE, the people who don't have shop connections, cannot. You can't tell me Joe Schmuck off the street can get that kind of stuff done for $20.
                      I didnt have any shop connections to begin with. I established the relationships myself. And yes, I was Joe Schmuck at first.

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                      Hooded is spot on ! X, you seem to aggravate a lot of people here with your bragging and insults towards others. A true millwright has to master nearly all trades to a degree and to exacting tolerances and quality. Grow up and be a decent person for a change.
                      Oh look, a reply from Special Ed. How are your feelings today? I hope that crosswalk guard didnt bully you today.

How am I bragging? You may be correct with your analogy of a MASTER millwright, but Hooded has not presented any evidence of this claim. I know of several people that are millwrights. Yes, a couple of them are pretty handy. But, as with anything, not all are equal. One in particular, I would never let near anything of mine.

Furthermore, I didnt start this pissing match. I made a simple statement as to the high cost of an add-on to an otherwise high cost PC case.

Comment

Well I've read enough.
                        X-man Banned.

Comment

finally, don't need ass-h... like him here, another B-Neg Disciples

sorry I worked a long time in a machine shop and never 20$ is enough for the guy just move his ass off the chair

and soory for him but the master of bare metal hand cutting is Mettalicacid, I saw some work of both guy he told, and never at same level as Justin

Comment

Yes I love the work Metallic Acid does. Really great and always unique.

Comment

Well I've read enough.
                              X-man Banned.
                              Thank God, he's been an ass since I've been here

Comment

Well I've read enough.
                                X-man Banned.
                                Aw man. Here I was gonna get my new Enthoo Evolv ATX case sent straight to Xman's house so he could work his "doughnut and a twenty magic" and now I have to find him elsewhere and ship him liquor to make up for the fact that he likely blames ME for getting him banned.

LMAO.

I could see this coming a mile away.

It's too bad, but that one comment (I won't repeat) was off-kilter, and way over the line.
                                DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                                X