No announcement yet.

WIP - Optimus Primo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine looks like it will clip right to the heatsink, although it will be close to the GPU backplate as well. I'm using a G.Skill Turbulence, it's easy to bend the legs to fit.

I find Prime the toughest, but I really like the graphs with OCCT, they can help you pin down problems. That's where I noticed the throttling.

My older chip is averages 1.524 (1.512-1.536) for 4.7. That's using medium LLC. Unfortunately if I use the highest setting, while I get a little tighter voltage range under load, it adds WAAAAAY too much voltage over the idle setting. Stabilize it under load for max oc, and it would probably crash in the desktop on idle For 4.8, 1.548-1.56 load is stable for about 20 min in prime before it gets an illegal sumout.

I'm eager to try my other chip in my CVF-Z, it's a better board and that 8350 has a lower VID.

Did you try any other fan configurations other than:
    - Front = Intake
    - Rear = Exhaust
    - Top Rad = Intake
    - Bottom Rad = Exhaust ?

If so, what did you find? Trying to decide whether to order fan filters to set up my top rad as intake in the CVF-Z build. It's the only rad in the case, the other one will be in the garage. And winter is coming

Comment

You read on some forums about some of these "magical chips" that will do 5Ghz at under 1.5v and only wish you had such a chip lol. The CVF-Z is such an awesome board and will take anything you throw at it.

I didn't try any other fan combination as I got lazy and am happy with the performance of the cooling and dust control.

Have fun with your setup. Having external rads is always fun in the winter!

Comment

Good job bud. I like how the lighting turned out. I can't help but think that the EKWB Blood Red would be a better coolant colour wise than the Feser.

Comment

Working...
        X