WIP - Optimus Primo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP - Optimus Primo

Disclaimer 1: This is my first actual build log so please bear with me. I know starting a build log without a single picture is frowned upon so I will try and get some up ASAP.

Disclaimer 2: Although the reference to Optimus Prime this is NOT a Transformers inspired build. It's my version of a play on words for the "main character" of this build, Mr. Enthoo Primo.

Disclaimer 3: I am in no way experienced with photography and all the photos taken won't be with a DSLR or even a point-and-shoot. Nope they will be taken with my BlackBerry Z30. I will do my best to take good pictures.

A lot of the parts I already have and currently running with in the system. However, I will be doing a full tear down and once all new parts arrive I will begin this build. Below is what I will end up with using my existing parts and new parts when completed.

Hardware List:

Case:
    • Case - Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    • Case Fans - 4x 140mm Phanteks 140mm

Components:
    • CPU - AMD FX8350
    • Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
    • Memory - 8GB Corsair Dominator GT CMT8GX3M2A1866C9
    • SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB
    • Power Supply - Corsair AX860
    • Power Supply Accessories - Corsair Professional Individually sleeved (Type 3, Generation 2) RED
    • Video Card - EVGA GTX770 Super Clocked (2GB)

Cooling:
    • CPU Waterblock - XSPC Raystorm
    • GPU Waterblock - EK-FC770-GTX-Nickel
    • Reservoir - EK D5 X-RES Top with 204mm Clear Tube
    • Pump - Swiftech MCP655-B
    • Radiator 1 - Phobya GChanger 480mm (Push/Pull)
    • Radiator 1 Fans - 8x 120mm XSPC 1650's
    • Radiator 2 - XSPC RX360 (Push/Pull)
    • Radiator 2 Fans - 6x 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-45's
    • Fittings - Various 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD Matte Black Bitspower Compression Fittings
    • Tubing - 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD DarkSide - Flexible Tube (aka XSPC Clearflex)
    • Coolant - Distilled Water with Dazmode Protect and Feser View Active Dye - Blood Red

Sounds great.
    I need to get my ass in gear and post some pics of my Enthoo Primo build as well
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Sounds great.
      I need to get my ass in gear and post some pics of my Enthoo Primo build as well
      Yeeees, yes you do. That case looks sweet, and it's kinda rare it seems. Love seeing a build in these things!

Comment

Here's his first picture, Phobya 480 rad with some XSPC 1650 fans. Should have some good cooling with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	76281Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	76282
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
          Here's his first picture, Phobya 480 rad with some XSPC 1650 fans. Should have some good cooling with it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2700[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2701[/ATTACH]
          HAHAHA. Yes that would be it. Thanks again for the purchase! Going to give it a fresh coat of black paint and try to do something to make the awesome looking Phobya logo stand out. I like the look of this logo from their website.

Comment

Cool ! And you're welcome.
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Looking forward for more soon!
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Update: 08/18/2014

Finally had some time to get working on my rebuild but still waiting for some final parts.

I got started on refinishing the Phobya radiator I purchased from gdesmo. Had scratches on several parts obviously from moving in and out of case(s).

BEFORE:

AFTER:

It's still curing so I've only taken 2 pictures but will taken more once cured.

The fans to go with the radiator. 8 XSPC Xinruilian 1650 I also got from gdesmo.

A few pictures of some other hardware I have planned for the rebuild.

GPU Waterblock - EC-FC770 GTX

Also purchased this "second hand" from Akira749. The moisture in the block is from leak testing.

Corsair Individually Sleeved Cables (Generation 2)

It was really hard to get good pictures of the cables as the sleeving has a bit of a sheen to it and the camera on my Z30 had a hard time focusing because of it.

That's it for now. Should have remaining items by the end of the week and hopefully actually can start the rebuild this weekend.

Comment

nice work on rad!
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Akira749 View Post
                    Nice pictures!

Nice work on the rad!!!
                    Thanks! All taken with my Z30. BTW got the hardware for the block today.

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                    nice work on rad!
                    Thanks Daz! Placed an order a couple hours back for the final pieces of the rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by pmachado View Post
                      Thanks! All taken with my Z30. BTW got the hardware for the block today.
                      Today!!!! Wow Canada Post were fast!!!
                      Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
                      Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
                      Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
                      Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
                      Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
                      Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

Ha ha ! Should have got the Corsair cables from me as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.jpg
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	76309

Comment

Nice collection of cables you got there. I already got my set about a month back for a great price. $30.00 + tax brand new.

Comment

Working...
                          X