WIP - Optimus Primo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 08/23/14:

Got pretty much the rest of my parts in. Have started tearing down my current rig.

Few more pictures of the Phobya radiator I painted. Turned out pretty good.

A bunch of pictures of some of the other items for the build.

Comment

And for fun a few pictures of my original/current setup which I have started tearing down.

That's it for now but more to come soon
      Last edited by pmachado; 08-23-2014, 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Looking good. paint job for the radiator provided good result.
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

I sleeved those 12"{ LEd myself
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            I sleeved those 12"{ LEd myself
            And a job well done sir!

Somewhat of a hurdle I've come across. I wanted to place the 480mm rad up to which I have seen and read shouldn't be a problem but for some reason there isn't enough room for the Phobya 480mm I have. Going to have to figure this one out.

Comment

Update: 08/31/14

OK another update. Managed to work out the issue with mounting the 480mm rad on top by elongating mounting holes.

Some hardware shots first.

EK-D5 X-Res CSQ. First pictured is the stock tube it came with but I purchased the 204mm to replace the orignal one.

And here it is installed in the case. Sorry this picture came out a bit blurry. This picture really does no justice as to how it really looks in person.

Next up the motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Forumla-Z

Now as mentioned I've had this rig up and running before with a pretty good overclock going (FX8350 @ 4.9GHz). This motherboard is a powerhouse and cooling the VRMs can help with overclocking significantly. I purchased some Fujiploy Extreme thermal pad material to originally just be used on the GPU waterblock and figured I could put the extra to use. So I removed the VRM heatsink, original thermal material and replaced it with the Fujiploy.

What a mess

New Fujiploy Extreme applied to heatsink.

Reinstalled heatsink and now time for some Gelid GC Extreme TIM for the FX8350.

XSPC Raystorm attached after tim application.

Now for some radiator goodness. Phobya GChanger 480mm in push/pull to be mounted to the top of the Enthoo Primo.

Then XSPC RX360 in push/pull on the bottom.

Will continue on some more tomorrow.

Comment

Looks awesome, love all the raddage !
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

That's a whole lot of Rad for sure.
                  Wondering why though your pulling all the hot air into your case? Fans should be pushing that air out the top and bottom while front and rear fans should be bring the fresh air in. That how I would go with it anyways.

That case eats rads like nothing
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                    That's a whole lot of Rad for sure.
                    Wondering why though your pulling all the hot air into your case? Fans should be pushing that air out the top and bottom while front and rear fans should be bring the fresh air in. That how I would go with it anyways.

That case eats rads like nothing
                    Ya total rad overkill for the loop I'm running but if it can be done then why not?

As for the rad fans being all intakes from what I have read, researched and tested, having the coolest air passing through the rads results in cooler temps. That air would come from outside the case rather than from inside of it.

Comment

Will be determined by how well you can get rid of the warm air entering the case. Air flow in that case will benefit from a negative air pressure which means you need more fans actually extracting the air then what is trying to fill it up.
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Air inside my case is never more than a degree or two higher than external ambient and that's only at heavy loads like gaming all day. It's the same as external other wise.
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I would just use push or pull on your rads, usually use push but pull is easier to clean rad and yes always air out of case through rad...
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Interesting to see AMD build. Not many of those and even less are watercooled.
                            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                            Venom Build: Build Log,
                            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                            Orange Build: Final Video
                            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Nice looking build, noticed you had your memory in the wrong slots when using 2 sticks it's recommenced to use the red slots first for that motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                                Will be determined by how well you can get rid of the warm air entering the case. Air flow in that case will benefit from a negative air pressure which means you need more fans actually extracting the air then what is trying to fill it up.
                                Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                                Air inside my case is never more than a degree or two higher than external ambient and that's only at heavy loads like gaming all day. It's the same as external other wise.
                                Originally posted by nass View Post
                                I would just use push or pull on your rads, usually use push but pull is easier to clean rad and yes always air out of case through rad...
                                Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen. I was pretty much set on the orientation of the fans but thinking longer about it and staring at the case for quite some time I decided that I'm going to flip the bottom rad fans to exhaust air.

Update: 09/01/14

Got around to taking apart the EVGA GTX770 SC and installing the water block and backing plate.

Card cleaned up and ready for thermal pads (Fujiploy Extreme) and TIM (Gelid GC Extreme)

Backing plate for the card. EKWB - EK-FC780 GTX Ti.

Video card completed and installed into the case. If you look closely you can see there is barely 2mm of space between the video card and reservoir tube. It fits fine but I may adjust the reservoir to sit a little further to the right side.

Next up will be plumbing! Any routing ideas?

Was thinking: Reservoir -> CPU -> Top Rad -> GPU -> Bottom Rad -> Reservoir

Comment

Working...
                                X