X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towering Inferno

great name jrees

Comment

• that is a great name choice. Glad to see that it all got fixed for you're gpu cards. can't wait to see the final result.
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
        Towering Inferno

great name jrees

....considering how many GPU's that have been burned, I would have to agree

Really glad you got it rocking solid now Jrees!
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
          ....considering how many GPU's that have been burned, I would have to agree

Really glad you got it rocking solid now Jrees!
          lol. Well, noticed something new last night...I think it's developed some coil whine. Never had it before, but have read about it and think that's what it happening. It's not bothersome, but it is kind of annoying considering the price of the cards. Will do some isolation and figured out which card it is.

If it's a problem that doesn't get worse I wont bother it an RMA, but if it's going to get worse another RMA may be in the future. At least it runs quite well. Running Bioshock Infinite maxed out 5760*1080 and getting 150FPS in the benchmark. Crysis 3? Still runs like shit!!!

Comment

• Probably Crysis is not SLI optimized. Thsi is not first time some games perform worse on multiple GPUs rather single one.

Sorry for delay or RMA response, I shut shop at 3pm and worked till 10pm on Venom... with small progress...
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Coil Whine? on a GPU? second time I've heard of it this week... weird to me, those things should be totally silent. Are sure its not noise from your PSU?
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                Probably Crysis is not SLI optimized. Thsi is not first time some games perform worse on multiple GPUs rather single one.

Sorry for delay or RMA response, I shut shop at 3pm and worked till 10pm on Venom... with small progress...
                Yeah, not surprised. I think Nvidia pays them to keep it running like shit in the hopes people buy Titans so it's playable with the eye candy.

No worries on the RMA delay. I'll send it out later today, or Monday.

Comment

• Awesome build name! Damn, with your video woes, I'm glad I avoid Nvidia products and stick to Radeons!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrees View Post
                    lol. Well, noticed something new last night...I think it's developed some coil whine. Never had it before, but have read about it and think that's what it happening. It's not bothersome, but it is kind of annoying considering the price of the cards. Will do some isolation and figured out which card it is.

If it's a problem that doesn't get worse I wont bother it an RMA, but if it's going to get worse another RMA may be in the future. At least it runs quite well. Running Bioshock Infinite maxed out 5760*1080 and getting 150FPS in the benchmark. Crysis 3? Still runs like shit!!!
                    My GTX 560Ti 448's have coil whine, but only when I'm folding. In my HAF 912 rig I have a pair of GTX 460's and they have never whined at all - even when folding. All four GPU's are from EVGA.
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                      Coil Whine? on a GPU? second time I've heard of it this week... weird to me, those things should be totally silent. Are sure its not noise from your PSU?
                      Sorry, missed your post as it happened at the same time as my post....

Anyways, it's definitely not the PSU. I just went through the different cards, and it happens on all 3 (disabled 2 at a time and went through each one)...it's very faint, and hardly noticeable. I feel a little better about it happening with all 3. I guess it's just the way it is....

Comment

• well, as long as they're working well... just plan weird to me that's all.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                        X