No announcement yet.

Towering Inferno: A Caselabs STH10 Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by jrees; 02-05-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Nice build !!!

Comment

Ok guys, finally managed to upload some pics....just a few.

Sorry there really isn't any order to them, it's just a random assortment. I tried to show the difference between the two Koolance displays, and it came out ok, but there is a real difference in person. The RP-1250 uses an OLED display, and it's MUCH nicer than the dot matrix of the CTR-CD12. I would imagine Koolance will likely make the move to OLED on that model as well. They certainly don't match...might make me pull the plug and get the Aquero XT!

Also, I still have the Fesser fluid in my CPU loop, while the GPU loop has the Koolance. You might be able to see the difference in the pics, but again, it really shows in person. The Koolance can appear a little pinkish in comparison, and doesn't let the light through as easily as the Fesser.

I added some LEDs to the Koolance bay reservoir and it makes a big difference and doesn't appear as 'green' as it did. I still nneed to drain it, and clean the res when I finally fix the spot in the CPU loop that has been bugging me. Not sure when I'll get time to do it, but it might be a little while. I'm sure I'll need a couple fittings to make it happen. I've still gotta do plenty with the cable routing on the backside too....needs lotsa work.

In the meantime, if anybody has any questions or a specific shot taken lemme know!
        Last edited by jrees; 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, the pics of the GPU taken apart show the crap job done by EVGA with the paste. The other card was perfect, but this one looked like somebody applied it with a tablespoon......wasn't impressed to say the least.

Comment

I love the look on the dogs face. Very similar to the look I had on my face when viewing those pics and thinking "mother of god!".

Comment

So much pron!

PLus weim at teh end I'm falling off the chair!
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

EXtremly nice. love it all. good job, where is the third GPU?
                Orange GT Build
                Orange V8 GT Build
                Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
                  EXtremly nice. love it all. good job, where is the third GPU?
                  hahaha......maybe when the next gen comes out I can justify grabbing one. I'm running a surround setup, so they do get a good workout, but this rig does what I want it to do right now...if (and when) it starts bogging down, maybe.

But yeah, it has crossed my mind!

Comment

WOW thats some nice hardware in a super case, looking like pro install from here.

The first pic shows the two fluids? I'm surprised at how solid a color the Koolance looks. I thought it was supposed to be more translucent
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
                      hahaha......maybe when the next gen comes out I can justify grabbing one. I'm running a surround setup, so they do get a good workout, but this rig does what I want it to do right now...if (and when) it starts bogging down, maybe.

But yeah, it has crossed my mind!
                      Oh maybe i got confused with another build :s. well 2 7970 should pwn plenty of games. crysis 3 should be run on ultra setting with a single monitor setup
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Wicked rig jrees!!!!! I'm red with envy!!
                        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Great job jrees
                          fantastic foto's
                          really sweet looking rig
                          dual 680's ......WoW

Comment

Oh maybe i got confused with another build :s. well 2 7970 should pwn plenty of games. crysis 3 should be run on ultra setting with a single monitor setup
                            7970s? NO WAY! I'm an Nvidia guy. Those are dual 680 FTW 4GB cards.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. When I get around the CPU loop fixed up, and the cabling all sorted I'll give the case a good cleaning and take some finished shots. I'll might just have break out the tripod and the shutter release for those ones.

While I'm here, what do you guys suggest for additional case lighting? Any brands to look for/stay away from? I'm pretty certain I don't want UV. Ultimately I just want something clean looking.

Thanks guys!

Comment

[QUOTE=jrees;7934]7970s? NO WAY! I'm an Nvidia guy. Those are dual 680 FTW 4GB cards.

oh sorry there.
                              Orange GT Build
                              Orange V8 GT Build
                              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

oh sorry there.

lol, no need for apologies!

Comment

Working...
                                X