Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towering Inferno: A Caselabs STH10 Production

Hey folks!

I've made a few posts here and there thus far after finding this place. I got the itch for a new build recently and wanted to step up my water cooling system from an old barb and clamp system that I had. I was looking at the usual places (FrozenCPU, and Danger Den (who just closed shop), and thought there has to be somebody in Canada other than NCIX that could supply my needs. I was really happy to find this place and it's been a great experience thus far. It's nice knowing there's a place just down the road that I can order my parts and have them at my door within a day or two without nasty brokerage bills!

Anyways, I'll try and get some pics up over the next few weeks (it's Christmas and all).

Here's the build specs (so far)

Caselabs Magnum STH10
    Intel 3570K
    EVGA Z77 FTW
    EVGA 680 GTX FTW+ 4GB SLI
    EVGA Nex1500 PSU
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8) 1866...I might add 2 more matching sticks of 8 depending on stability). This board has had problems with 4 sticks apparently...we'll see.
    Intel 520 480GB SSD
    Corsair Force 3 180GB SSD
    2 TB WD Green HDD
    Auzentech Forte 7.1 PCIE soundcard
    LG BR Writer

Cooling (so far)

Koolance 380I Block
    XSPC RX480
    Koolance RP-452X2 Bay Reservoir
    2 D5 pumps in serial
    Koolance CTR-CD12 display/controller
    Lamptron FC8 fan controller
    Bitspower silver compression fittings
    Koolance QDCs, coolant temp sensor, flow sensor
    Thermochill clear tubing 1/2 ID
    Fesser Red
    8 Corsair SP120 High performance fans for the rad (push/pull)
    4 Corsair AF120 Quiet for the case

I don't plan to go liquid on the GPUs at this point as they're not reference design, and that sort limits my choices for blocks. I do plan to go liquid with them on the next gen cards. I have room for 2 more quad rads in the case and have a 2nd RX480 waiting to go in.

I just hooked it all up today after the leak testing and bleeding (no air bubbles whatsoever....dead silent Just did a simple and quick OC to 4.6 with a 1.250 VCore and coretemp reports 24/32/32/29 as the idle temps. Prime95 gets it up to 57/67/66/60 at load. Coolant temp reported by the Koolance sensor plug is 25C at idle prior to entering the radiator, and 25.9C while running Prime95. I can't confirm how accurate the sensor is, but if it's true I'm pretty stoked about a 1C delta in the coolant. Mind you, that's with SP120s on full 2350RPM. If I turn them down to about 1/2 it's 27C. The Koolance flowmeter reports a 7.4LPM (1.95GPM) flowrate from the D5s (running at 5). I have a few awkward spots in my system that I will try to work out later, but I think that's pretty decent considering. Not sure how much the QDCs play into that either, but it's better than I thought it would be.

That's pretty much it for now. I've still got to tweak the BIOS and see what this bad boy will do. I'll try and get the pics up before the year is out, but in the meantime if anybody has any questions, lemme know!
    Last edited by jrees; 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM.

Just a quick tease:

My old 800D beside the STH10:

Attached Files
    Last edited by jrees; 12-24-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Very Nice set of Hardware goodies you have there jrees
      Impressive system
      Lookin forward to the pics

Comment

Looks like an awesome list of parts thus far.
        Looking forward to the pics.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I'm in!! I'm trying to justify buying a Caselabs box. Can't wait to see pics!

Comment

Is there a Canadian supplier for these??
            Stubs

Comment

Probably not. But I still want one! I wonder if they'd mark it under $200 to protect us from the brokerage sodomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnightoil View Post
                Is there a Canadian supplier for these??
                Sadly no, but I imagine this helps a little with the pricing, so it's probably a wash at the end of the day. Shipping for the case cost me about $150 via FedEx. That included all the brokerage fees though (I made sure prior to going with FedEx otherwise I would have went USPS as we all know how brutal they are for brokerage). I paid Tuesday, it shipped from California Wednesday and it arrived on the Friday. Just had to pay the HST.

I did have too place a 2nd order as I didn't think through the flexbay options as well as I should have. Be sure you have that all sorted out before you order if you can (feel free to ask me any questions before any of you place an order). My 2nd shipment was $50 and again arrived within 3 days.

Great customer service from Jim and Kevin at Caselabs too!

Comment

For that much cash, they should be sending a hooker with a plane ticket up with the case! Get some pics of that sucker up asap (the case, not the hooker)!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                    Probably not. But I still want one! I wonder if they'd mark it under $200 to protect us from the brokerage sodomy.
                    No brokerage sodomy! Brokerage is included in the shipping. $150 is pretty reasonable when you see the size of the box it comes in... Sure, I'd rather spend the $150 on something else, but when there isn't really an alternative it's just part of the cost of ownership.

Comment

So I assume you got yours shipped assembled right? I wonder how much of a difference there is, if any, if you got it shipped flat and assembled it yourself? I saw that option on their site.

Comment

So I assume you got yours shipped assembled right? I wonder how much of a difference there is, if any, if you got it shipped flat and assembled it yourself? I saw that option on their site.
                        Nope, it was flat-packed. Jim told me for assembled it would have been over twice the price. I wanted to assemble it myself anyways...took about an hour to do.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I really want one of these things now, but I need to see better pics of them. Looks like it could be the last case you ever buy.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I really want one of these things now, but I need to see better pics of them. Looks like it could be the last case you ever buy.
                            Yeah, that was my thinking. It isn't cheap, and I was hesitant to spend that sort of money on a case, but it really is a case that could last many, many builds. I'll try get up some pics as soon as I have enough time.

Comment

That's an impressive parts list jrees!!!!!!!!! You're making my two P55 rigs hide in the closet like scared children!!! Can't wait to see some pics.
                              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Working...
                              X