No announcement yet.

First build - Fractal Design Define R4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to budget @ 2G's / cooling loop, and still go over LOL.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Well put and very well done fuji,I'm on my first WC build as well and am SO glad that I already had a HAF 932 when I got the call from the WC gods to build. Took me a bit to find this forum but glad I did. The peeps here have been uber helpful in helpin' me keep my sanity! Well, as sane as any WC builder can be! You've made solid points and your advice will help other first timers in their endeavors I'm sure.
      CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
      XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Well done fuji, that is as very nice build
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by brechan69 View Post
          to the deep end of PC cooling and DazMode Forums fuji !!

" 3. Had to use needlenose pliers to pry and expand the tube before I could get it on the barb part of the fitting. The youtube vids make it look so easy, but it was not! "

I found with my 1st attempt at water cooling; that if you have a pot of hot water nearby, dip your tube ends into it 1st, then the tubing will slip onto the barbs much easier

Consider yourself lucky to have gone over budget by only $40; I think I went over budget by about $300, when I factored in tools, and other odds and ends.

Great looking build; and, isn't it fun building a water cooled PC in an apartment
          Thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot next time. I'm thinking it might have been the fittings though (Feser 4 pack). My Bitspower 45 angle had a fitting attached to it and that tube went on easily. I should go find my vernier and see just how much tolerance the tubes are produced to.

As for the apartment... Today, as I think back, yes the challenge was fun. At the time and shortly after, no... no it wasn't.

Thanks all for the comments everyone!

Comment

great build

great build (especially with the space restrictions) thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
            X