LEEZEE's Watercooling build Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
    If you have 5c drop from opening case, that is not a good case. So you either need to mod covers to improve Air flow or may be considering more optimized case. M,Amy be caselabs in the future ?
    I like you videos and style of making them, hope you ll continue.
    Yeah its not the best case for having a rad installed in the top. Id love a case labs case in the future. But remember how we both had that conversation about how dang hot the 295x2 gets? lol

Comment

I have more recently installed a temp sensor in the res once I replaced the 259x2 with a 980ti. Everything is running much cooler. By 20 degrees almost

Comment

Originally posted by LEEZEE View Post
        Yeah its not the best case for having a rad installed in the top. Id love a case labs case in the future. But remember how we both had that conversation about how dang hot the 295x2 gets? lol
        True.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Enthoo Pro-M is basically the same case with much better airflow. both front and top. My favourite is the dark green version because the powder coating on it is A1 beautiful. I wish they had the green version with the all-acrylic side panel. That would be a treat. Though retro fitting it with an acrylic or glass panel would be as easy as cutting a panel and drilling some holes in the side pillars of the case.

And because it has the dust filter on top it can have the top fans in intake. Not the best quality dust filter for airflow, mind you, but still works better than the Evolv's top cover.

I haven't touched the Evolv since I tried the Micro ATX original version because I had the same issues you're facing LeeZee.

With a 4820K at stock and dual GTX 970 Golden Editions from MSI with TF5 water blocks from Daz, with the case open I had low temperatures and the Gentle Typhoon fans on the Phanteks PWM to Voltage fan hub controlled by the motherboard and Speedfan, I had the cards at 44 celsius with the fans at 1100 RPM and the system was whisper quiet.

Once I put back the front and top fan covers the temps went to 49 - 52 celsius and the fans all spun up to over 1700-1800 RPM. I ripped the system apart and the case is chilling in the garage

It's a gorgeous case, but the airflow is sub-par. And yes, I know I sound like a broken record heheh. In addition with the thick aluminum, mods are not as easy as a normal steel case.

In terms of a 295x2 with a normal stock or overclocked 8-thread CPU you need quality radiators and fans and minimum 5x120mm fan spaces in push-pull to achieve good water temperatures.
          DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

It's a shame that case has such poor top air flow. I really love that case but like Daz says the top needs to be modded for proper air flow.

I posted this issue on Phanteks forums.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
              Enthoo Pro-M is basically the same case with much better airflow. both front and top. My favourite is the dark green version because the powder coating on it is A1 beautiful. I wish they had the green version with the all-acrylic side panel. That would be a treat. Though retro fitting it with an acrylic or glass panel would be as easy as cutting a panel and drilling some holes in the side pillars of the case.

And because it has the dust filter on top it can have the top fans in intake. Not the best quality dust filter for airflow, mind you, but still works better than the Evolv's top cover.

I haven't touched the Evolv since I tried the Micro ATX original version because I had the same issues you're facing LeeZee.

With a 4820K at stock and dual GTX 970 Golden Editions from MSI with TF5 water blocks from Daz, with the case open I had low temperatures and the Gentle Typhoon fans on the Phanteks PWM to Voltage fan hub controlled by the motherboard and Speedfan, I had the cards at 44 celsius with the fans at 1100 RPM and the system was whisper quiet.

Once I put back the front and top fan covers the temps went to 49 - 52 celsius and the fans all spun up to over 1700-1800 RPM. I ripped the system apart and the case is chilling in the garage

It's a gorgeous case, but the airflow is sub-par. And yes, I know I sound like a broken record heheh. In addition with the thick aluminum, mods are not as easy as a normal steel case.

In terms of a 295x2 with a normal stock or overclocked 8-thread CPU you need quality radiators and fans and minimum 5x120mm fan spaces in push-pull to achieve good water temperatures.
              Yeah I noticed similar results taking the lid off. At least with the 295x2. With the 980ti its literally night and day difference. Even with everything overclocked. Phanteks has made a beautiful case here. And like you said the finish is top notch. You think it wouldn't have been too hard to have added 1.5 inches to the top and made the vents larger. It wouldn't have made the case ugly or anything lol. oh well. Nothing will ever be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                It's a shame that case has such poor top air flow. I really love that case but like Daz says the top needs to be modded for proper air flow.

I posted this issue on Phanteks forums.
                True! The flow front to back is good. It actually reminds me of the NZXT H440 (same idea) The whole front is wide open. It's just that there needs to be more height in the top. Heat rises. Even 1.5 inches to the top would give more room to make the vents 2-3 times the size. Its full aluminum though. I dont feel like trying to get involved with that haha

Comment

Here is Build Log #10 - Installing an EK Titan X waterblock & backplate on an EVGA 980ti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41unSE3U6tI

Comment

Some of EK's instructions are awful. some seem as if they were translated to English by a Pakistani who's native language is only spoken in the mountain regions of Nepal.

Comment

Originally posted by Overkill View Post
                      Some of EK's instructions are awful. some seem as if they were translated to English by a Pakistani who's native language is only spoken in the mountain regions of Nepal.
                      lol! Yeah, I'm finding that its not the best. Just looks like a scanned copy of a copy printed out on an old bubble jet printer as well. haha

Comment

In this build log I get the 980ti into the system and re-tube the loop and fill'er up! Build Log 11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3j10IlhgcI

Comment

Quite the process. Been there before.
                          Tube runs look awesome. Well done.
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice tube runs system looks very nice.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

nice work! some tight bends there.

Comment

Good job with multi-bends.
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                                Venom Build: Build Log,
                                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                                Orange Build: Final Video
                                HTPC Build: Final Video
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X