Ice Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Also seen some mesh front covers for the Prodigy that looked awesome.
    ya, BitFenix have some really nice and easy addons for much of their line!
    personally, I would put a paper mache Hello Kitty on that panel

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...-front-panels/
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

for the front panel i am looking at something a little more personalized. i'll keep you posted on that idea when i have something to show for. today i tried to removed the fan blades from the corsair SP120, i was not successful in removing them and instead broke it at the motor housing location. so i figured i would still try on that same fan so i may learn from it (to see how it is made). I and simply broke it over and over and NEVER got the pin of the blades out from it. who ever said online that you just need to pull on them made it sound way more easier then it's supposed to. so i will probably change fan type and got for some GT 1850 or something like that.
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

The GT's are a much better choice.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

ya the the fan blades will be removable for painting to make the look i want . did you own both and compared?
          Orange GT Build
          Orange V8 GT Build
          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

GT'S for the win

I think the enermax pull off

front logo should be able to twist it off .....is just adhesive didnt scar the paint on mine

Lookin good

Comment

Another broken Corsair product. hmmm....

[stares blankly at three corsair headsets hiding in the closet, awaiting RMA]
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                GT'S for the win

I think the enermax pull off

front logo should be able to twist it off .....is just adhesive didnt scar the paint on mine

Lookin good
                ya i owned enermax and they are easy as pie to pull off. i'll give that a try if i need to for the logo, possibly doing a full custom front panel but still working on the how to and how much it will cost. not to knowledgeable in cad files/software but it's supposed to be simple (said an engineer).

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                Another broken Corsair product. hmmm....

[stares blankly at three corsair headsets hiding in the closet, awaiting RMA]
                ya but i'll have ALOT of trouble to justify mine if i would attempt to RMA it. let say that one assumption of how to remove the blade lead to another assumption that lead to more... all while breaking pieces as i go (since it first broke i decided it was a test subject anyway). read online that they are supposed to pull off. let me tell you i broke the the pin from the blade side and it never came out of the motor even now
                Orange GT Build
                Orange V8 GT Build
                Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

ok big update for you guys. ok well it's a little one for you all but something big for me as i have to learn a whole new application and figure out a bunch of stuff to make that work out for me. so i am still stuck on putting a 200mm rad in front and still keeping my GTX690 so, i explored some options and here is one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	frontpanelTemplate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	75056

what i have done here is made a 3D modeling for a CNC machine. the sheet is to be 3/8 thick (9mm). the piece is caved in where the fan mounting is and therefore will provide the missing space required to fit that rad and the videocard. this piece is to replace the whole frame in the front of the case. still debating on material, was hopping to use some kind of acrylic but i'll talk to the merchant at the plastic store to make sure it can support the weight and structure of the case.
                  Last edited by MRDcanadian; 03-24-2013, 10:06 PM.
                  Orange GT Build
                  Orange V8 GT Build
                  Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Lexan will fit the bill. Brutally strong plastic, bulletproof in slightly thicker sizes !
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

was hopping the acrylite fluorescent sheets blue would do the trick as i would like an edge glow effect.
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Acrylite sheets might be harder to machine as it is a little on the brittle side compared to Lexan. You could always paint it blue and get pretty much the same effect.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

updated the parts list in the first post to reflect what was incorporated as components. Just installed the components today and tested everything. all is good got a boot screen and installed windows with no issues . will be posting some pics soon to show you all what it looks like. I used some of the radiator gasket to make some custom gasket for my 140mm fan. Currently waiting on quotes for the front panel mods. will keep you all updated.
                          Orange GT Build
                          Orange V8 GT Build
                          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

here is some pics. it's a mess with a full size power supply with little mod done so far

Name:	20130413_213114.jpg
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	75145Click image for larger version

Name:	20130414_113619.jpg
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	75146

Took some of the radiator gasket to minimize the sound of the fans

Name:	20130414_161258.jpg
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	75147Click image for larger version

Name:	20130414_161327.jpg
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	75148
                            Orange GT Build
                            Orange V8 GT Build
                            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

good photos

its a fun Motherboard

Comment

Looking good so far MRD!!!!
                                Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Working...
                                X