No announcement yet.

Project Carbon - A Fast, Silent, Cool and Clean Build. [Started March 12, 2013]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Carbon - A Fast, Silent, Cool and Clean Build. [Started March 12, 2013]

deleted
    Last edited by Fiftysixk; 04-19-2018, 06:20 AM.

[Reserved for pics]

Comment

Oh this is going to be a nice build. I love the look of those MSI Z77 MPower. Just couldn't justify the change from my z68/2600k.

As for the Apogee DII why that choice(room I'm guessing)? Why not a nice matching cpu block to the titan block and then the plain mcp35x and res?

Anyways hope to see some pictures soon and welcome to the forums!
      Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
      EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

Originally posted by canada2005 View Post
        Oh this is going to be a nice build. I love the look of those MSI Z77 MPower. Just couldn't justify the change from my z68/2600k.

As for the Apogee DII why that choice(room I'm guessing)? Why not a nice matching cpu block to the titan block and then the plain mcp35x and res?

Anyways hope to see some pictures soon and welcome to the forums!
        Space mostly, and cost. I needed a high flow pump that was in a place where I wont get too many vibrations. I toyed early with the idea of an XSPC Bay reservoir and D5, but I hear a lot of people complain about vibrations. The other was was yes, do a separate pump/reservoir like most everyone else and jam it in there somehow, but I guess I just wanted to be a snowflake. lol...

Comment

Nice group of parts you have chosen
          And a TiTan....whoa nice
          di-noc,Aquaero

Ill be watching,good luck with your project

Comment

wow! amazeballs parts list.

And Welcome aboard the DazTrain!! woot woot

/subbed
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Great part choices.
              Looks like a killer build in the making.

Let the Titan maddness begin.

Will be interested in seeing how well the Swiftech Apogee Drive 2 works.
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I tried to post pics and a video last night, but it said it had to be approved by a mod, are they still in queue or do I need to try again?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiftysixk View Post
                  I tried to post pics and a video last night, but it said it had to be approved by a mod, are they still in queue or do I need to try again?
                  Sorry Mate. I've been looking at those pics all nite long. anyways, "approved"
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

New to the admin thing.
                    I need to figure out where it tells me what posts are awaiting approvals.

The video looks great and the plans sound good.
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Good picture update. You made me jealous and I bought that Z77 Mpower for myself also.
                      I see you took off the shroud of yellow on the heatsinks. My plan was to cover the yellow with come blue carbon vinyl cheap ebay stuff.

Its a shame that Define R4 isn't a tad taller to put that top rad inside.
                      Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
                      EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

Nice build! Looking forward for more pictures!
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                          Nice build! Looking forward for more pictures!
                          Haha thanks for the bump Daz, cant wait for that Aquaero and Titan block!

Comment

Originally posted by canada2005 View Post
                            Good picture update. You made me jealous and I bought that Z77 Mpower for myself also.
                            I see you took off the shroud of yellow on the heatsinks. My plan was to cover the yellow with come blue carbon vinyl cheap ebay stuff.

Its a shame that Define R4 isn't a tad taller to put that top rad inside.
                            Oh its going to fit inside alright, and room to spare. Just maybe a little offset from center is all

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by Fiftysixk; 04-19-2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X