No announcement yet.

Project Carbon - A Fast, Silent, Cool and Clean Build. [Started March 12, 2013]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well so far im running into some issues with Aquasuite. Couldn't get it to control my pump no mater what setting I ran it at. The max power would control the speed of the pump and the min power would only control the LED AND it was all backwards (slider goes up, pump speed goes down). it was weird. I considered trying to rewire it or try to trouble shoot it, but I figured I might as well have the motherboard bios control the speed of the pump off the CPU temp. But now the MSI control center resets every time I restart the computer and wont save any settings..

Also, I cant get any of my air or water temp sensors to show up in the suite. Going to have to figure that out. So far Ive got the top fans to run off the CPU temp and the Front rad fans to run off the GPU temp, but Id really like to get them all to ramp up in tandem when the water temperature rises. I know its possible but I need to get the suite to see them first so I can run a new curve.

And... I'm also having fun with the flow meter, I found a thread detailing how to make the koolance flow meter work with the aquaero but Ive followed the instructions to a T and still cant get the meter to register properly, the flow reading is very erratic.

Put that on top the the aquasuite crashing and requiring factory resets every time I try to fiddle with settings, its getting kinda frustrating.

I guess this is just going to be that one struggle that everyone goes through when they build a new rig, cant wait to get it sorted out, been hard not having a home computer for a week.
    Last edited by Fiftysixk; 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Alright, so with the sensors Ive got them figured out, I installed them horizontally and not vertically on the aquaero, it now reads them properly.

And I've figured out the MSI control center, so now the pump is set up properly as well.

But I still have to figure out the flow meter, but its not so important that I have to figure it out immediately.

Last night I spent my evening ripping apart my old rig and transplanting it into a Fractal Design Node 605, Its going to be the new home server/download/multimedia center. The temps inside that case seem piss poor. I think its bad airflow, so Im going to have to add a few more fans.

Comment

Glad to hear the temp sensors are at least figured out!
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

If you feel bad watch my Aquaero 5 YT review!
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            haha... definitely not a glowing review...
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              HAHAHAAH. Great review! They sure look sweet, but I decided I didn't want the headaches after all.

Comment

I love that video
                really cracks me up

Comment

My favorite comment on video:

"As a Pro I would have expected you to use the device a bit before reviewing it."

LOL, almost 20 000 views!
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

deltertd
                    Last edited by Fiftysixk; 04-19-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

good job on the build, hope you figure it all out. Daz did make it seam like that aquaero are a little complicated to use lol
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

looks great I like the look of those cover plates in contrast to the rest of the case

Comment

Originally posted by dave.leblanc View Post
                          looks great I like the look of those cover plates in contrast to the rest of the case
                          Me too! Plus, I love Oreo cookies. Hmmm, that's giving me ideas about a Case Labs case with white internals / black externals. Yummy!

Comment

Im almost at the point where I can enjoy my rig, ran tomb raider and bioshock infinate for a couple hours at stock and Im pretty impressed. But Im currently setting up the overclock and as some of you know it can be a little time consuming. I think Im going to run a 24/7 4.6 overclock on the CPU. Seems like I'm getting about 55-68 ish degrees on the cores at about 1.3 volts in bios and about 1.28 ish in CPU-Z under load. Gonna try to knock it down one more step on the Vcore tonight and see if she runs stable on occt without any errors. This will be my first successful foray into CPU overclocking, as previous attempts on old systems I had no ****ing clue what I was doing and got frustrated and gave up pretty early. Once I have a chance to get onto GPU overclocking Ill run some benchmarks on valley and fire strike and post some results. I think I may also end up delidding, I really want her to run as cool as possible but was pretty intimidated by the old razor trick to split the die from the IHS.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/h...-a-razor-blade

Looks like there is a new trick that seems pretty legit for safely removing the IHS, though I admit, using a full on vice, hammer and block of wood feels more like a sick joke than the perfect way to do computer surgery...

Comment

I'd get the voltage dialed in before delidding. That's maniac territory. What are you using for load testing? Prime95, IBT?

Comment

Ive got it dialed in and stable at 4.6ghz @ 1.305v in bios (1.280v CPU-Z under load) on OCCT and prime95, OCCT I ran for 11 hours and prime95 for at least a few hours before it froze (program stopped responding not an error or system crash).

So far not too happy with my results in overclocking the titan. Benchmark scores seem to be fluctuating wildly (~10%) between runs, but values and temperatures remain constant. Gonna do some checks to make sure I have the most recent drivers and versions and try to get the scores stable and the settings at a point Im happy with.

Comment

Working...
                                X