No announcement yet.

Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so... started to smell a kind of acrylic burning smell ... thought it was something my wife was cooking.
    but the smell was really located around my PC... ARRRGGGG!!!

glanced into the side panel... and there was SMOKE!!!

[emergency shutdown]

... so here's why you have a dual pump system.
    seems my oldest ddc has shit the bed.
    good news for DAZstore... cause I've got a butt load of stuff I wanted to buy anyway, add to the list another DDC.

btw: gunna suggest my theory as why this happened now... I've been running my loop on a the CPU block backwards since whenever I last put it all together.

hurray! excuses to build more watercooling!!!
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

• That is unlikely.... DDC are faster spinning pump in smaller package, so coil heats up more in general as well as circuit board. For that reason they do eventually fail/burn after few years of use.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Smell burning acrylic and your first thought is your wife is burning dinner? Comment like that would get me in trouble.
        Corsair 800D
        2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
        Software Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Izerous View Post
          Smell burning acrylic and your first thought is your wife is burning dinner? Comment like that would get me in trouble.
          You're lucky Izerous! A comment like that would get me killed!!
          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
            so... started to smell a kind of acrylic burning smell ... thought it was something my wife was cooking.
            but the smell was really located around my PC... ARRRGGGG!!!

glanced into the side panel... and there was SMOKE!!!

[emergency shutdown]

... so here's why you have a dual pump system.
            seems my oldest ddc has shit the bed.
            good news for DAZstore... cause I've got a butt load of stuff I wanted to buy anyway, add to the list another DDC.

btw: gunna suggest my theory as why this happened now... I've been running my loop on a the CPU block backwards since whenever I last put it all together.

hurray! excuses to build more watercooling!!!
            Good thing you only lost the one pump!
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              That is unlikely.... DDC are faster spinning pump in smaller package, so coil heats up more in general as well as circuit board. For that reason they do eventually fail/burn after few years of use.
              Well, I'll have to pull it apart and see where the burning is from. maybe it can be saved? IDK.

wonder if its still under warranty? lol...
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

• If it Swiftech branded, it almost impossible to get warranty out of them.

Comment

If it Swiftech branded, it almost impossible to get warranty out of them.
                  I knew it... good thing I've got unlimited overtime access. $$$
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                    I knew it... good thing I've got unlimited overtime access. $$$
                    How old is the pump anyway? I have a DDC pump (only a few month old) too and I'm wondering what kind of lifespan I can expect from it.
                    Mario

Comment

• Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                      How old is the pump anyway? I have a DDC pump (only a few month old) too and I'm wondering what kind of lifespan I can expect from it.
                      A lot of people run them for years. I have RMA for single numbers really, while hundreds were sold.

Comment

A lot of people run them for years. I have RMA for single numbers really, while hundreds were sold.
                        That's good to know. Thanks Daz!
                        Mario

Comment

• Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                          That's good to know. Thanks Daz!
                          ya, and let me check that 100% its the pump that failed.
                          sorry to disturb, I'm still behind the DDC.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

• So another ddc for ya bungwirez or are younna go D5?
                            I havent had a pump go on me yet
                            not lookin forward to it at all

Comment

• I have one of each and I love them both. The DDC is great for smaller cases and tight spots. The D5 is great is space is not an issue. I'm starting to like the dual pump setup more and more since bungwirez ran into problems with one of his. Sorry bung!!
                              Mario

Comment

• Ya I'll stick to DDC on this build, can't do much else with that EK dual pump top.

too bad sold out of the Daz version 3.1 10W... will have to get the tach version instead
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X