No announcement yet.

Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've actually got a 2/3 bottle of IDC sitting here... toyed with idea of doing a combo... next time.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

• Wickedly cool bung!!!!!! Sure you don't want to go into the case modding business?
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

• and quit my day/night job?

HELL YA!!

btw: no body gunna notice the upsidedown CPU block? lolz.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

• LMB number is part number. Serial is next to production date difference is about 100 000 units from 2010 to 2011.

I think I stop buying organic milk Zink is not good for health!

Sick build. Love how cables look! Can I use pics at the store?
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Please do Daz. Just don't ask for backpanel shots. Still too messy for the real world.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

• There is never enough room in the back of cases for cable management. My back panel reminds me of the Amazon forest. I scream like a little girl every time I look back there.
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

• Dang bungwirez, that came together like a piece of art! Its always a pleasure to look at a smokin build. Just waitin to see you outdo yourself! I'm sure you'll come with somemore great ideas.
                CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

• Here's a little more pron guys. my camera likes the nite time better for some reason.

HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                    Please do Daz. Just don't ask for backpanel shots. Still too messy for the real world.
                    Guess why i don't show those parts in my own YT videos
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Great photo's
                      thats damn Sexy
                      good pron bungwirez
                      now i need a smoke

Comment

• Wow! This rig deserves a spread in CPU and MaximumPC magazines!
                        Mario

Comment

• Thanks guys.

that would be cool Mario.
                          But others are still more deserving.

(*cough* Lowfat...)
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

• Hey bungz,

I have a question about the compression fittings you are using for your CPU block. What size spacers are you using to the CPU fittings and the ram block fittings to line up?

Thanks!
                            Mario

Comment

• Good question Mario. IDK.

no, I do ... sort of. but I don't advise doing it as I've laid out.
                              block to block differences in height can vary by the mm.
                              for instance, the XSPC ramblock is about 2mm taller than my old Bitspower one.
                              and the XSPC cpublock is shorter than a EK Supreme..

all I did was buy a nice assortment of male-female spacers in a variety of lengths.
                              then mix and match them according to need.
                              and put the spares back on my shelf marked "spareparts" ... lol.

2x8mm, 2x3mm, 2x5mm for the mosfet, cpu, ram loop
                              and 1x8mm on the silly ekwb output from gpu to make straight 180 bendy.
                              plus I'm thinking theres a couple hidden up in the drive bay on the rad to rad linkage.

what you can do if you have the right kind of measuring tool (calipers??),
                              is draw up a diagram of height variations measuring upward from the PCB for each level of component.
                              then do some math...
                              Last edited by bungwirez; 10-08-2012, 02:38 AM.
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

• I find using a straight edge and feeler gauges gets you with in .005" usually. The depth gauge part of a vernier will get you with in a couple thousands(.002"). To get more accurate then that you'd need to use gauge blocks.
                                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
                                X