• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Im not a fan of tri color theme

But your right, i keep it for my s5 project

Comment

any eta when the S5 is going to be released Snef?

Comment

nope, but caselabs told on OCN, before end of august or he will jump on front of a bus lollll

Comment

Another build?? Where you you put them all snef??? I can't wait to see more of this one!
          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

ok
            now i have a dilemma

i want to upgrade my extremme red demon to haswell or ivy bridge-e but in M-atx format (see Caselabs S5)
            and for sure need to dismantle red demon and sell some parts, like Caselabs m8 and maximus extreme

my dilemma is:
            should i dismantle red demon now and buy a z77 sabertooth, use my [email protected] and 2 of my GPU, in xfire, use my test bench for gaming and upgrade red demon to s5?
            or remove only one gpu from red demon and buy z87 sabertooht, i5-4670k?

Comment

i'm afraid you wont see much difference in performance with the upgrade

I think the red demon is awesome the way it is,perhaps next haswell-e would be more of a upgrade

Bench Bench Bench

Comment

yeah, youre right, the real upgrade i want on red demon is gpu
                need to wait the release of amd 9000 serie and review
                and i dont want to spend anoter $450 on a GPU if i will change the red demon gpus

maybe remove 2 gpu, let red demon with one, put it in locker for a couple of month and use my bench for gaming and day to day use........

Comment

parts recycling is a very responsible way to keep pace.
                  no shame in cannibalizing your other builds.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

i will try plasti-dip on a spare motherboard this week-end

and if its work, it will be the end of extremme red demon
                    the maximus v extreme will be plasti-dipizerrrrr

Comment

snef, before you try the plasti-dip on your spare mobo you should try it on any old board like a sound card or something that is non-functional. What you want to look for is the ability to peel it off after you have applied it and let it dry. Reasoning behind this is that if it peels off fairly easily then it is not creating a solvent bond to the board and possibly damaging the electrical traces etched into the board. Without knowing the chemical and solvent composition makes me a little wary of coating the board with Plasti-dip until you know for sure. Liquid electrical tape works well on boards but colour selection is very poor, I think it is available in black, red and green. Will look into that right now and get back, BTW I am more than a little jealous at your modding skills.
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

the problem is i dont have any older borad availabe to test

the spare mobo is a gigabyte 70$ h77 board, if its broke it, no issue,
                        i will it dry, and run it with an i3 2100, with prime95 for no less than 48 hours

and please let me know for liquid elect tape, want to knoe if they have white and where i can buy these
                        and thanks

Comment

White is made by a company called Star brite, I have seen it before but cannot remember where. Canadian Tire carries that brand so you might be able to get them to order it. I was looking at the P-dip and I think it should be fine, I would suggest just putting it on a corner of the board that does not have many components on it and peel it off. If it comes off with no damage then you are good to go. I will be using the liquid electrical tape as part of the anti-condensation coating on the board I got from you, have tried it and it works great. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1729.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	75536Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1731.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	75537 This is a brush-on product and peels off nicely as well as conforming to everything it is applied to, it has an added bonus of water-proofing connections as well as preventing humidity and condensation from affecting vital parts.
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                            parts recycling is a very responsible way to keep pace.
                            no shame in cannibalizing your other builds.
                            Oh ! Are we supposed to re-use parts ? No wonder I have full shelves !

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                              ok
                              now i have a dilemma

i want to upgrade my extremme red demon to haswell or ivy bridge-e but in M-atx format (see Caselabs S5)
                              and for sure need to dismantle red demon and sell some parts, like Caselabs m8 and maximus extreme

my dilemma is:
                              should i dismantle red demon now and buy a z77 sabertooth, use my [email protected] and 2 of my GPU, in xfire, use my test bench for gaming and upgrade red demon to s5?
                              or remove only one gpu from red demon and buy z87 sabertooht, i5-4670k?
                              You know deep down you want the M-atx. Dismantle red demon, reuse whatever parts you can. and build the system you really want.

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                                Oh ! Are we supposed to re-use parts ? No wonder I have full shelves !
                                Ya. I'll be pulling my 360 rad out of the HAF build soon. by not replacing it, forces me to hurry up mod so I can keep gaming.
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X