No announcement yet.

[Build Log] Snef's Red Poseidon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow man , very nice job on polishing job. Crystal clear!
    Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Wow Snef

Beautiful pics and Parts

Poseidon getting Epic out of the gate

Comment

How did you do that?
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

wet sanding with 2000 sand paper and use meguiar car compound polish pasts

no need a lot of sanding just a couple of minutes on each side (GPU and pam block need in and out side)
          and polish with compound, this stpes need more time

this guy sont use wet sanding, it work but more easy with water and youy will not fill your sanding paper with residu
          i use one strip of sanding paper pof 3" x 8.5" for all my block

Comment

Sweet looking blocks snef, wish I had time for details like that.
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

start painting

first phase backplate, little plate on waterblock and power supply
              sorry for the pics but I will not bring my camera in my paint booth lolllll

second phase will be , motherboard block, icy dock, cpu block with plastidip

and third and final phase will be , Aquaeroe 5 (plasti dip), reservoir support, fan screw and other little thing with primer and real paint

Comment

Update:

some items are now painted

First Fannblade case Feet:
                WOW! they are nice

want to say thanks to gdesmo for providing the red O-rings
                and these feet is a must on all build/mods

I painted my CPU waterblock
                and a way better than black for my Red Poseidon, imagine with red coolant, again WOW

and finally, GPU backplate, they will be install wirh red screw

thanks all for great comments, more update soon

Comment

feet are absolutely amazing Snef. great work.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Fantastic job on painting and polishing, feet look great in white !
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

awesome work sir, love it. these feet are in fact awesome having some at hand now and the paint job is A+.
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Feet are really cool. Block looks great as well. That how EK should have done it from the beginning.
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

great work sir

Feet look awesome next to the red muscle car...incredible

Did you just mask around the rubber bottom on the feet?

Blocks look Super,nice work

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                            feet are absolutely amazing Snef. great work.
                            thanks Bungzzzz

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                            Fantastic job on painting and polishing, feet look great in white !
                            again, thanks for the o-ring, they look real red on a white, its a little thing but make all fine detail really great

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
                            awesome work sir, love it. these feet are in fact awesome having some at hand now and the paint job is A+.
                            thanks, i think all build need these feet, and for sur i will always use it

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                            Feet are really cool. Block looks great as well. That how EK should have done it from the beginning.
                            exactly, what i dont like on EK block is the frost finish, when i saw we can polish it, i change for all Ek block
                            clear with cricle is better than clean ek block, IMO

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                            great work sir

Feet look awesome next to the red muscle car...incredible

Did you just mask around the rubber bottom on the feet?

Blocks look Super,nice work
                            Thanks FF
                            nope, paint the whole thing and the rubber bad have just a little gap to be able to remove the plasti-dip on it
                            i dont mask anything with Plasti-dip, cut and remove is faster
                            i doing the shield of my Xonar Phoebus and i have a small plexi at top for led, juste remove it and its perfect

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                              That how EK should have done it from the beginning.
                              I know eh. for an extra 5 or 10 minutes of manufacture time... really so much better looking product.
                              would you up charge for a custom polish version out of the store?

can't wait to see these with some color fluid.
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Update:

first
                                i want to Give a big ***FAIL*** to EK

i tried in 2 diferent case and same thing (caselabs M8 and LD PC-V4)
                                i cant lock the gpu in PCIe slot because the block on GPU sit on Motherboard water block screw......serious??????? why not use the same screw as the plate on GPU (Flat head screw)

pics

and same thing for the second card lolll

i dont have tools to modify tu use flat head screw

anyway
                                go to Update
                                some pics

start my loop today, i dont hink i will finish it this week but very close
                                ahh need to drill a larger hole for FannBlade Feet
                                more update soon

Comment

Working...
                                X