No announcement yet.

[Build Log] Snef's Red Poseidon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that is so horny looking ! Can't you use a countersink drill bit and put a flat head screw in there, It is easy as hell but I do agree with you about them not designing it correctly for clearance !
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

need to order screw, tools (countersink drill bit)

but yess i think i will do it

but with horizontal setup like that, it work, just barely befor lock but the card is enough to work

just a bit scared if i can blow pcie slot

Comment

can you swap out a couple of the flat screws from the GPU silver plate onto the soutbridge plate?
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

not the same lenght, will order some

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
            not the same lenght, will order some
            naturally....
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

wow epic fail on EK

thought they were better than that

Comment

If you know what size it is I can send you one ! Get a countersink at Crappy Tire or just use a larger drill bit for the countersink.
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thanks Gdesmo
                  Really appreciate
                  I already placed the order, i didnt take any chance, i ordered 20 of each lenght, from 6 to 20mm loll

Comment

Epic Fail by EK. I hope you sent their support a message about the issue.

Build is looking totally awesome as always snef.
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

good idea Hooded. I'm pretty sure they know who Snef is already right?
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Be sure i sent an email to support and i dd a pst on overclock.ne in EK club

Dont receive answer from support, for now

But on forum, EK_Tiborr told me, no issue to let the card like that, sit on screw, the card is properly inserted and no issue running like that, hahahahahah, i know that, its ok for me on bench, but in a vertical layout like my (r.i.p.) extremmme red demon
                        The card will be not secure,

Lolll remember before agp gpu, no locking system, and with cheap case, the gpu alway get out of the slot, yes , now i know im a old fart guy,

Comment

I did have issues with mounting my 560's ... it was the EK PCIe backplate thickness... did not like my HAF..
                          I was pissed of course, cause the cards clicked in the other end, but not fully. had no drain port either...
                          Last edited by bungwirez; 08-30-2013, 03:54 AM.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

wow that sucks snef. i am hope they address it for future users and attempt to offer you a solution. that build is looking good sir. great work on the plasti dip.
                            Orange GT Build
                            Orange V8 GT Build
                            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Last Update for this week, need return working on the road for a couple of weeks

i know, no rad are installed but wnat to do a leak test becaus i splited all waterblock and want to be sure no block leak

next steps,
                              painting 9 more fans
                              painting 2 x 360 rad
                              cable management
                              installing fan and rad
                              real leak test and done

Comment

Looking great snef Tech bench are always awesome in my book Cold and efficient
                                "Casper B!"
                                I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
                                50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Working...
                                X