Just a nweb and my first build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a nweb and my first build

I'm your friendly neighbourhood web-developer who makes (and often breaks) the Dazmode store (Please don't hate me!). I finally bit the bullet and a nice shiny box arrived from Daz arrived earlier this week. Originally I had planned to get myself an 800D, but I don't think that's going to happen right away so because I'm impatient I went ahead and am doing the build with my Antec 1200.

Turned out better than anticipated and I only needed the hack-saw once! (silly little metal tabs inside the drive-bay area were interfering with the reservoir-mounting mojo).

I'll also probably be posting more on the Flickr set as well, if any of you are Flickr members feel free to friend me

Hoping to do something way cooler in the future, but just getting started for now!
    Black Box: 2600K @ 4.1, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, EVGA 980, Asus ROG Xonar, 240GB Sumsung SSD - Darkside Trip Rad, EK CPU block, EK GPU block, EK-D5 Bay Res Combo

HI there Pnomolos! first off, let me thank you for making it super easy for Daz to take my money!

and nice job on this first build. did you leave the ASUS sound card out cause your tubes in the way?
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Great start to your new addiction.
      to the forums.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Welcome and rig is looking good so far !
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

welcome sir. build is looking good so far. great work you did on the site.
          Orange GT Build
          Orange V8 GT Build
          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Looking good so far! A lot better than my first rig

Comment

Welcome aboard

love the crisp photo's

Comment

Everything went pretty well.Cleanly done!

I even managed to suggest complete parts list
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

That explains it all !
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Hey, thanks to everyone for the positive comments! I hope to be adding to the build in the future (really need a fan controller now ...).

@bungwirez - Nice catch on the ROG card. I left it out while leak testing (didn't see any need to put it in, just in case). But it's in there now - just slipped it nicely underneath. I would have re-done the tubing if it wouldn't have fit, as it's pretty much a necessity for me (I've got a Sennheiser PC 360 headset and the on-board sound can't put out a signal strong enough).

I'll try and get some more pics up today, now that it's living nicely back on its shelf!
                    Black Box: 2600K @ 4.1, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, EVGA 980, Asus ROG Xonar, 240GB Sumsung SSD - Darkside Trip Rad, EK CPU block, EK GPU block, EK-D5 Bay Res Combo

Comment

Took some more pictures and have some temps.

CPU (2600K running @ 4.2GHZ - 40C idle, ~60C load)
                      GPU (GTX580 running @ 875Mhz/2100Mhz - 35C idle, 45C load)

The reservoir takes up 6 drive bays

Close-up of the water block

Glamour shot of where it lives

Where the PC lives with the rest of the hardware - also watching WCS America, woots!

Comment

nice build. i really like the res. il have to get me one of those.

Comment

Sexy !

Comment

Originally posted by dmckoy View Post
                            nice build. i really like the res. il have to get me one of those.
                            It is and it's integrated with a Laing D5 so super-handy - it's this one (Daz, referral links? )

Comment

It went so well, I think you can save your $350 and skip on 800D
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X