Relikar: For the Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relikar: For the Lady

I drew a blank on the title, but anyways, here goes!

Fresh off my mildly successfully huge 900D build, I'm headed too the other end of the spectrum with a mITX build. I'm still in the planning phase, but I'll start listing off parts to give you guys a teaser

Case: Black Bitfenix Prodigy w/ Side window mod and Mesh front w/Pink Trim. - Arrived and Modded
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Impact - Arrived
    CPU: 4670k
    Ram: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2400
    PSU: Seasonic 760w Platinum - Arrived
    GPU: EVGA GTX 770
    Storage: 4x Corsair Force GT 240GB (RAID 0)

Cooling Gear:

XSPC Slim 240 and 140 Rads - Arrived
    Modded Bitfenix Specter Pro White LED Fans (Swapping in some pink LEDs) - On Hold
    EK DDC Top/Res - Arrived
    Edit: EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Nickel - On Hold
    EK Nickle Plexi GTX 770 Waterblock - On Hold
    Pink UV Coolant - On Hold
    UV Accent LED on GPU Block - Arrived
    Primochill Clear Rigid Acrylic Tube - Arrived
    Primochill Purple Stealth Fittings. - Arrived
    Last edited by Relikar; 08-29-2013, 07:49 PM.

Sounds like a sweet build

The impact looks like its one wicked board

Comment

Asus has a ROG ITX board??!?!? I somehow missed that one, cool! Does this lady know how good she's got it?!?! LOL! That's going to be a sweet system! I was thinking about doing an ITX build for my next one too, so I'll be watching this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
        Asus has a ROG ITX board??!?!? I somehow missed that one, cool! Does this lady know how good she's got it?!?! LOL! That's going to be a sweet system! I was thinking about doing an ITX build for my next one too, so I'll be watching this one.
        Yes, she does She reminds me atleast once a week that I spoil her too much. But, She needs a lightweight desktop for university so it's a great chance for me to dive into an ITX build. So far I've got the Case and the CPU block. I'm tempted to order the PSU and get started on sleeving but I need to get my hands on some pink sleeve first... Hm..

Comment

try silverstone psu with short cable kit

easiest sleeving job and wires are short

Comment

Short Cable kit? Where would I find that? I was planning on snipping the wires to size anyways.

Comment

Silverstone pp05 available at new egg and ncix

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                Silverstone pp05 available at new egg and ncix
                PP05 is for their Strider series, Which Newegg only has a 500w and 600w version. Might get it just for the precut cables though.

Comment

Pp05 are compatible with all full modular silverstone PSU
                  Include 1500w

Look compatible list on this page
                  http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...id=219&area=en

I have one in my purpe chimera and i tried it on my st1500 and it work perfectly

Comment

Duly Noted, Thanks Snef. I've never heard much about Silverstone power supplies honestly, I'll take your word for it though.

Comment

They are really good and really really easy to sleeve because no "y" or split cable, they are alll straight

And very stable psu specially for the price

Im a fan of seasonic but i will take silverstone before corsair, cheaper and never had any issue, i cant say that with corsair

Comment

i agree snef i am converted corsair/seasonic user over to silverstone

have 5 now and no probs with any of them

Comment

Strider series is pretty good, they are made by Enhance Electronics in Taiwan and make psu's for other mid-range companies. The hardest part of sleeving a Seasonic is keeping track of the split cables of which there are 4 pairs. Platinum series is the same and btw all the higher end Corsair psu's are made by Seasonic.
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Seasonic was my first choice, couldnt find any that caught my eye though.

Comment

Platinum 660 is a nice one, i have it and an X-1250. Can't remember the fan ever going on !
                              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Working...
                              X