• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can still hear my Dad... "Hey, grab me the red handled Robertson will ya."

HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      At an Acklands, Brafsco or Fastenal you can buy any type of screw/bolt.
      For a few dollars more you can get them at a Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire or a Rona, they have a smaller selection though.
      The only store in my town is home hardware, and they have pretty much nothing. I don't really want to drive 4:30 hours for 8 screws

I'll try fastener express though, thanks guys.

Comment

Daz sells some 4 packs

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc..._and_4x_30mm_/

Home Hardware has Pasti-Dip though
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Daz sells some 4 packs

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc..._and_4x_30mm_/

Home Hardware has Pasti-Dip though

Those are button heads, they won't work. They have to be completely flat to fit under this filter.

Edit: Fastener Express only has Nylon screws with flat heads in 1 1/4 length.

Comment

Those are the flattest screws come.
            If that won't fit you'll need to have the fans counter sunk, so counter sink screws will work.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

is for rad and fan?

nylon is more than enough, 4 screw per fan

Comment

Those are the flattest screws come.
                If that won't fit you'll need to have the fans counter sunk, so counter sink screws will work.
                Yeah that's what I'm after, can't seem to find any besides the nylon ones though. I ordered both the nylons and some small button heads.

Comment

Gonna have to place this build on hold, I got a job offer yesterday which, for the first while, cuts my income down a decent amount, but in the end pays off with a stationary engineering ticket. Asus Impact should be arriving today, will post pictures, probably won't be making any other orders for a month or more. I'll still stick around to see what you fools are up too though

Comment

High Five Relik. make some money.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Decided to do a few test bends today with the acrylic tubing. First attempt was a total failure. Didn't use enough olive oil, the bending sleeve got stuck in the tub and I had to unbend it to retrieve it (don't try it, it destroys the tube)

Second test went better, but it's obvious that my bends are going to need much more planning on the actual build. Also, another reason I wanted to do a test was because I thought I may have stripped a screw while assembling the res/pump but it seems to not be leaking.

Oh and bubbles.

This beauty is also waiting to be installed
                      Last edited by Relikar; 09-01-2013, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Nice bends, cute little high-quality mobo there ! Not sure on that coolant colour though.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

nice work sir. did you find the process hard to bend them? nice choice of mobo sir
                          Orange GT Build
                          Orange V8 GT Build
                          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

that was just some coolant i had laying around, final color will be pink.

Also, MRD, bending is really easy, you don't even need a mandril to bend the tube around. More planning would come in handy though, because eye balling it doesn't work at all.

Oh and don't heat one side too quickly, it bubbles up and ruins the tube.
                            Last edited by Relikar; 09-01-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Quick update, got a shipment in today. The screws for the rad fit perfectly, and modding the LEDs on fans is a pain in the ass. Will post a picture once I get these stupid things done.

Comment

Finally nylon r small button head screw?

Comment

Working...
                                X