No announcement yet.

Relikar: For the Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X 1250 is such a beast barely puts out any heat while gaming without adaptive vsync and folding. Any of the gold/platinum series should be solid. If only GD could come up with a mod that raises the 12v rail a wee bit and im a happy camper
    "Casper B!"
    I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
    50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
      X 1250 is such a beast barely puts out any heat while gaming without adaptive vsync and folding. Any of the gold/platinum series should be solid. If only GD could come up with a mod that raises the 12v rail a wee bit and im a happy camper
      My standards aren't that high. I'm using a EVGA NEX1500 for my main PC, and it has a weird ass buzzing sound while powered down. My pc is on 24/7 though so I don't have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
        Why do you need slightly higher voltage on the 12 volt rail ? May be other solutions if you are truly serious.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Well I just did a quick add up of the price for everything I want to put into this build and it came up around $3000.. Little bit more than I wanted to spend, But I think it's worth it

What would you guys suggest for loop configuration on this anyways?

Cpu > 240 > GPU > 140 > Res?

or

Cpu > Gpu > 240 > 140 > Res

I'm hoping that'll have enough cooling power so that I can still OC the CPU up to around 4.2-4.4. That's probably asking too much though without thick rads.

Also, I think I'm going to go with 4Way RAID 0 on 240gb Force GTs. Little bit cheaper and better performance. Just gotta figure out how to mount all 4 in 2 regular HDD trays.

Edit: I just ran a bench on my SSD Raid and I came up with some really dissapointing numbers.. I'm actually kind of confused. 2 60gb OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID 0 should score a lot higher than 550MB/s Read, considering that's their advertised speed for a single drive.
          Last edited by Relikar; 08-17-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

only thing that matters in any loop order is that the Rez feeds the pump.
            next to that, do what looks good and keeps short tube runs.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Hm.. Guess I shoud start ordering some parts then. I'm seriously unsure if I'll be able to fit this 140 in with the 240 on top. It'll be tight for sure.

Comment

Quick run through of the case and the new case pieces I swapped in.

Before:

After:

Gutted the useless stuff:

SSD mounts on the back panel? Cool!

Total Clearance between the top of the case and the 140mm Mounting holes is 75mm. Total thickness of the rad and the fan is 61mm, So as long as the side of the rad is no longer than ~10mm I should be alright (top rad mount is embossed so I'm not 100% sure. Daz's page lists it as 143mm Wide so I should have roughly 5-7mm of clearance.)

That's all for now! Might have more on wednesday, depending on when the rads, res, and acrylic tubing show up.

Edit: Just checked the thickness of the top filter. 5mm! This is going to be REALLY tight! Might end up with a 2mm clearance
                Last edited by Relikar; 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Purple accent looks nice.

I ordered pink sleeve by the way.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Sweet! And here I was about to offer to buy a spool of Kobra sleeve and send you what ever I didn't use. Any idea on the ETA?

Comment

Buttload of parts are inbound for Wednesday/Thursday including:

VI Impact board
                      SeaSonic Platinum 760Watt PSU
                      All the acrylic tubing and fittings
                      Both XSPC Slim Rads
                      EK Mini tube res/DDC top

Next paycheck I think I'll be able to get the SSD's...

Side note, one SATA power rail could power 4 SSDs, correct? I plan on modding the cable to fit and don't want to use two.

Comment

Nice set of parts and a molex plug could power 20 SSD's easily. Max draw is about 4 watts per, some even less.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

That's what I figured. The 4 SSDs are going to be stacked 4 high in 2 drive bays, so the connectors are going to be really tight. Going to have to trim to fit for sure.

I just don't like where they put the SATA 6 Ports on the Impact. Going to make cables gross.

Comment

Some parts arrived early. Can you believe the box they used?

Comment

yeah I got the same box and costs double to ship than was quoted

Good times!

Comment

Relikar, is that hard acrylic tubing on that box? Where did you order that hideous package from hehe
                                "Casper B!"
                                I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
                                50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Working...
                                X