Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mupp1t View Post
    Nice build man. Looking forward for more pictures soon
    Thanks Mupp1t. More pics will be up once I get clearance from the admins.

Comment

You shouldn't have any specials limitations on uploads.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

You have past the number of post that fall to automatic moderation. Your pic should show up for all to see now without the moderation delays.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          You have past the number of post that fall to automatic moderation. Your pic should show up for all to see now without the moderation delays.
          Yeehuh! Awesome. Thanks. I am dancing here

Comment

Bottom Panel

After the top panel, I went and worked on the bottom one. I with they never had the channels that guided the dust filter because my cut would have been cleaner and narrower. Anyhow, I did it and this is how it turned out.

Comment

Left Side Panel

I did a lot of the cutting in couple of days. Here's the left side panel cutting and filed it afterwards.

Comment

nice window cutting

are you using U-channel moulding to finish it off?
                plexi mounted on the backside?

Comment

Bottom rad plate

I took a piece that came from the left side panel and made a rad plate out of it. I used my hole saw and made the holes but I had to make them wider since I had a 4" hole saw instead of 4.5". So I took my jigsaw to work, mind you it did a pretty good job until I got to the center fan hole where I made a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                    nice window cutting

are you using U-channel moulding to finish it off?
                    plexi mounted on the backside?
                    Thanks FF. Yes I will be using a U channel, I got 6 feet of it. I will be mounting it on the inside I think.

Comment

Mock painting

At this point I decided to do a mock painting of the right side panel. I liked how it turned out but wasn't satisfied. So, thanks to Hanoverfist, Father Fuzzy and Bungwirez for pushing me further. This means I will be stripping the whole case down, sanding it to the bare metal

Comment

New Top and Bottom rad plates

I cut the PSU hole much wider so it can fit through. I originally wanted it mounted on the back, upside down but the 24-Pin cable was short, so I took the larger HDD cage and converted it into PSU bracket. I did a mock setup to see how things will look like once I am done.

Like I said before, I was not satisfied with the rad plate that I had at the bottom. So I went to Canadian Tire and grab 2 (18*12) steel sheet and made a new one. I also made a new plate for the top as my initial cut was slightly longer than I needed it to be. This gave the opportunity to offset the rad mount a bit to avoid any complications with the push/pull setup.

Comment

Mock Setup

I then proceeded to filing the panels and taking few shots of the project. Once that was done, I took 2 days off. Here are the mock setup and overall case shot! Yep, this is a Fractal DD XL R2

Comment

Sanding

Yesterday evening, I started the sanding process. It was fun and tiring. It went well and I will be finishing up today, I hope then start painting tomorrow. So here's more case mod pron for you guys. I soon will be looking for a 3770K that OC very well as I want it to match my GTX 780 Hydro Copper (will add another in a month or so)

Comment

really nice mod

cant wait to see more pics

maybe put all in same post, it will be more easy to read

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                                really nice mod

cant wait to see more pics

maybe put all in same post, it will be more easy to read
                                thanks snef. I will keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X