No announcement yet.

Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a lot of thinking, I have decided that I will go with the TJ07 look. I will switch the panels , the current window panel will become the right side panel and the right side panel will become left side panel. I will be cutting the "new" left side panel to make room for the rad guard and window. Yes, I am going crazy here but I love it. I can't wait to put my dremel and jigsaw to work again

Comment

So I went ahead and cut the MB tray and everything fits like they should. All that is left is closing the bottom of the case with a new steel sheet and cutting the back of the case so I can fit the power cable through!

Then tried the PSU and bottom rad (the fan behind the PSU will be coming out)

Comment

I had issues with the Koolance radiator shroud where the side that the top fan wires were didn't screw in properly. So I had to make some changes. The first photo shows where the problem was and the following photos show how I fixed the problem. I am going to have the case powder coated, but that will be next week on Monday since I have a few things that need working on.

The Fix:

Comment

that there's some nice modding Hero. Keep at her.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
            that there's some nice modding Hero. Keep at her.
            Thanks bungwirez.

Comment

Yesterday I made a PSU cutout so that it will be easy to plug the power cable and exhaust hot air from the PSU. Here's what I did, now I just need to make the bracket and find a 1 mm steel sheet to close the bottom of the case where the rad plate used to be.

Comment

hey hero... something like this help you?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=20965
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                  hey hero... something like this help you?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=20965
                  That would do but I need to make a cover for the original PSU cutout area too. I'll grab steel sheet and go at her!

Comment

Guns a blazin Sir.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been able to get couple of aluminium panels, 2 mm thick that I will use to close the bottom of the case, make PSU bracket and close the back, and make one more rad guard for the window side panel. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me.

Comment

Cool, take your time and measure twice. Did you get shelf ? If not, it better be there today or I'll go postal !
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                          Cool, take your time and measure twice. Did you get shelf ? If not, it better be there today or I'll go postal !
                          I just picked up the panel and I am very impressed. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Definately some high quality modding going on here.

Great looking build. Following along. Even if I'm not posting as much these days, as I used to. I'm still watching.
                            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                              Definately some high quality modding going on here.

Great looking build. Following along. Even if I'm not posting as much these days, as I used to. I'm still watching.
                              Thanks Hooded. I will keep the updates coming.

Comment

I just sold my Audioengine A5+ speakers since I don't need them. We moved to a new place and I have to give up my office/gaming room because we are expecting. Therefore, there is no need to have 2 set of speakers and we still have one set of same speakers in black in the living room for HTPC. I am cutting some pieces and thinking about a new MB and CPU (possibly MVIF and 4770K)!

Comment

Working...
                                X