Clear All

Finally after 1 month getting my new monitor which is pretty rare:
    Overlord 27'' 2560x1440 LED/IPS 120hz custom build and love it

Comment

So the next steps which I need your recommendation and help:
      1) case panel cut and add the glass
      2) motherboard armor custom cover
      3) black/red reverse side fans
      4) flow vision - I dont see if my water is floating - I need to add something to my liquid or add the flow indicator (its headache to disconnect loop again).
      5) custom sleeve wiring

So far I'm in shock about difference between AIR and WATER. PWM fans also works really good.
      On idle or browsing its super quiet + temps: cpu ~35C, both card ~32C

Huge difference in gaming. fan loudness its very similar what i used to have but temperature difference is dramatic:
      i7-4770K OC to 4.5Gz
      AIR
      CPU ~79C
      GPUx2 in SLI ~ 75C

Now:
      WATER
      CPU ~65
      GPUx2 in SLI ~ 45C

Huge difference. Water + bigger case to help air flow makes more sense

Feel free to write anything Merry Christmas

Comment

LV... did you look at this? little spendy, but high quality http://mnpctech.com/pc-window-kits/b...e-window-kits/
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

nice job putting it all together

super setup yes once you go water theres no going back

Comment

Go back ? I've never been on air ! Good work LVN !
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thanks

This looks really good/easy and not expensive:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZoE-zj0-k

Comment

Hey dude, looks like you are getting it done. One thing I would change is the btm rad orientation. If you turn it end for end, you will have shorter tubing runs making it more efficient and cleaner. You could raise the rez and use 45s or 90s for fill port and return line. Then go from rez ----> pump top ----> btm rad ------> VRM ------> CPU ----> SLI -----> top rad -----> Rez. Not sure why you have the valve positioned were it is. It looks as though it serves no purpose. Use a Q-Block and put the valve on the btm of rez or on btm rad port. Also, if you find dual pumps are taking up too much room, a single D5 will serve that loop easily with great flow.
                Personally and only my opinion (do what turns your crank), the pumps and connected tubing look out of place were they are. I would bite the bullet and get a shorter rez and go with your original plan, or use a 5.25 bay rez. I am sure you could sell the used rez in this forum if you decide to replace it. Just a tip; I would move the btm rad fans onto the top of the rad. Reason is so they can be serviced/replaced easily. You can just flip them and pull air thru the rad rather than push it, if that is how you flowing air thru it.

I dont profess to be Jonny Pro Builder. Far from it. Just offering some constructive criticism. Congrats on first water build. They will get better with each successive build.

Comment

Very nice work on Azza case! Clean and efficient. I wish they also supply windowed side panel to show all goodies!
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
                    Hey dude, looks like you are getting it done. One thing I would change is the btm rad orientation. If you turn it end for end, you will have shorter tubing runs making it more efficient and cleaner. You could raise the rez and use 45s or 90s for fill port and return line. Then go from rez ----> pump top ----> btm rad ------> VRM ------> CPU ----> SLI -----> top rad -----> Rez. Not sure why you have the valve positioned were it is. It looks as though it serves no purpose. Use a Q-Block and put the valve on the btm of rez or on btm rad port. Also, if you find dual pumps are taking up too much room, a single D5 will serve that loop easily with great flow.
                    Personally and only my opinion (do what turns your crank), the pumps and connected tubing look out of place were they are. I would bite the bullet and get a shorter rez and go with your original plan, or use a 5.25 bay rez. I am sure you could sell the used rez in this forum if you decide to replace it. Just a tip; I would move the btm rad fans onto the top of the rad. Reason is so they can be serviced/replaced easily. You can just flip them and pull air thru the rad rather than push it, if that is how you flowing air thru it.

I dont profess to be Jonny Pro Builder. Far from it. Just offering some constructive criticism. Congrats on first water build. They will get better with each successive build.
                    Thanks for good ideas
                    Valve is set up at OUT position and I have extra OUT which is pluged now. So if I want to clean my loop I close the valve and open plug - because to run motors you need liquid and this way I'll get maximum liquid out with using pump.
                    If im going to put valve at exit of reservoir I'll have no liquid at entrance of pump, they will dry and might die
                    So far I found its best solution.
                    I'm seriously thinking to get shorter reservoir, and use 90 degree angles

I dont know why but my botton 2 GT fans is twise louder than 4 GT upper ones. Any idea why?
                    Is there any good fans to put on top of bottom rad to look good without placing them apposite - back of fans look bad - wiring etc...

Comment

Originally posted by LVNona View Post
                      If im going to put valve at exit of reservoir I'll have no liquid at entrance of pump, they will dry and might die
                      Use a Q-Block and a couple male-to-male adapters, and thread the q-block to btm of rez or either port on btm rad. The valve is used as a drain, not to dead-end loop. Just make sure you have a stop plug for the end of valve as well. Cheap insurance. No need for pump when draining. Doing so runs the risk of running it dry which is bad.

This is the inlet on my btm rad. This is the lowest point in my CPU loop. I used the Q-Block as a pass-thru which accomadates not only a valve, but a temp sensor as well. To drain the VGA loop, I make sure the fill port is tight so loop air locks so when removing plug, water doesnt gush. Then I tilt the case to the side, remove a stop plug from the btm video card, and attach a short hose.

EDIT: Ha ha. You can see in the pic I got lazy on that compression fitting and never tightened it all the way. To save the skin on my fingers when tightening them suckers, I use an old flat SATA cable. Works great and doesnt scratch fittings.
                      Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-26-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Ok, most likely I'll change this way:
                        No I need to finish it up to look as a candy

Any thoughts? Where is better place to add valve and drain plug?

So far I was testing my current build - very satisfied. At the full performance fans still pretty loud - looking solution to make them more quiet
                        By the way what do you think about my upper rad 480, I have rad and at his bottom 4 fans blowing out. My case giving my option to add 2 upper 230 fans - how it is going to perform at full performance?
                        I was thinking If i just browsing internet I can use 230x2, for gaming 4x120 at full speed. Is there any difference?

Rear rad I'll change fan position by your recommendation and will check performance difference between blowing air out or in.

My mobo is G1 Sniper 5 with Green accent.
                        What do you think if i change all tubing and light in green (than I need to change whole case outside led lighting? Or keep red and adjust mobo paint? "Dilemma"
                        Thanks

Comment

Hello Huston anybody?
                          Happy coming New Year 2014

Comment

Can you run from CPU to top rad and then into VGA without looking messy? That would be better. But if you dont plan on any insane overclocks, your config will work fine.

As far as fan noise goes, even Gentle Typhoons get loud at top speed. You wouldnt need to run them at full speed unless you have heavy overclocks and system is running at full load. I dont think you would have to run fans at full speed just gaming, unless VGA overclocked big.

As far as the drain valve goes, do what I suggested before and use a Q-Block on either the inlet or outlet on the btm rad. If you put the valve on the btm rad outlet, it will be more hidden. You would just have to remove the side panel when draining.

Comment

Diagram looks fine for me.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
                                Can you run from CPU to top rad and then into VGA without looking messy? That would be better. But if you dont plan on any insane overclocks, your config will work fine.

As far as fan noise goes, even Gentle Typhoons get loud at top speed. You wouldnt need to run them at full speed unless you have heavy overclocks and system is running at full load. I dont think you would have to run fans at full speed just gaming, unless VGA overclocked big.

As far as the drain valve goes, do what I suggested before and use a Q-Block on either the inlet or outlet on the btm rad. If you put the valve on the btm rad outlet, it will be more hidden. You would just have to remove the side panel when draining.
                                Thanks, I was planning to add rad between cpu and gpu from the begin. But in the and from forums and experienced people they sad it would be much temp difference.
                                How about from CPU - motherboard - bottom rad - gpu - top rad - reservour - pumps - cpu ? is it going to improve temp?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X