No announcement yet.

The Fancy Pedestrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know .... there's nothing wrong with taking a hiatus.
    cripes, I'm going on what, 6 - 8 - 12 months?? lolz
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      you know .... there's nothing wrong with taking a hiatus.
      cripes, I'm going on what, 6 - 8 - 12 months?? lolz
      I think my better half would literally cut me if I take up the dining room table longer than a few weeks.
      Possible chain of events as I see them happening illustrated in emoji:
      Week 1
      Week 2
      Week 3 or
      The Ultra Fancy Build
      The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
      The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Ha Ha ! Surprised you would last that long !
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Luckily I have full basement to my own, so things can be standing here for Years!
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
            Ha Ha ! Surprised you would last that long !
            Actually I don't think I will..
            Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            Luckily I have full basement to my own, so things can be standing here for Years!
            Lucky! I could only dream of that kind of space in my life...

On a happier note I have decided to upgrade the CPU a little bit to the 3770k instead of the 3570k! I thought since I have already gone over budget might as well treat myself especially since microcenter is offering them at such a good price! I really wish one could buy processors without the heatsink and fan and maybe save a couple dollars while at it.
            The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

I wish we had a Microcenter up here. Their pricing is awesome on CPUs
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Gotta agree with you there 10e !
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2014/...finished-build
                  Here is Corsair's finished build. Personally I think it looks like crap but A) I have been spoiled by the likes of dazmode and case mods contest B) I guess he was going for functionality over looks (plus to be done with it i expect). Also I feel as if the video doesn't show everything in the build as if they have something to hide. I think Corsair proved with this build log that this product is not with out compromises. And in my humble opinion some engineers should have been good enough to try building a custom loop in it before mass production. Regardless I guess it can be done but man am i having trouble. Pics to come soon. My form factor of mobo with the raised VRM makes it extremely difficult!

Originally posted by 10e View Post
                  I wish we had a Microcenter up here. Their pricing is awesome on CPUs
                  At some point depending on the mileage it might be worth the trip. What is your nearest one?
                  Last edited by alex5389; 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM.
                  The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

My loop will be in the following configuration

XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
                    Phobya DC12-260 12V Pump
                    Bitspower ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE Water Block
                    EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block
                    PrimoChill Vortex Clear Visual Flow Indicator
                    Bitspower Z-Multi 40 Tube Reservoir
                    XSPC EX140 Single 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
                    XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator (will have Bitspower G1/4" Mini Valve for drainage)
                    Back to XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
                    The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
                      Here is Corsair's finished build. Personally I think it looks like crap but A) I have been spoiled by the likes of dazmode and case mods contest B) I guess he was going for functionality over looks (plus to be done with it i expect). Also I feel as if the video doesn't show everything in the build as if they have something to hide. I think Corsair proved with this build log that this product is not with out compromises. And in my humble opinion some engineers should have been good enough to try building a custom loop in it before mass production. Regardless I guess it can be done but man am i having trouble. Pics to come soon. My form factor of mobo with the raised VRM makes it extremely difficult!

At some point depending on the mileage it might be worth the trip. What is your nearest one?
                      I'm pretty sure there are Microcenters in New York State, but I might be in Chicago for a family wedding this summer, so if I need anything I know there is at least one in that area if need be.

I think that build looks too crowded. It looks even more crowded than my Lil' bit build in the Cooler Master Elite 110 case. I think your build will look better based on your choice of components.

I have a few updates (mostly good, one bad) with my two builds forthcoming. This has been a hectic week in terms of work and home life so hopefully I'll get a few hours over the next week to finish the Prodigy build too.

Good luck!
                      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
                        I'm pretty sure there are Microcenters in New York State, but I might be in Chicago for a family wedding this summer, so if I need anything I know there is at least one in that area if need be.

I think that build looks too crowded. It looks even more crowded than my Lil' bit build in the Cooler Master Elite 110 case. I think your build will look better based on your choice of components.

I have a few updates (mostly good, one bad) with my two builds forthcoming. This has been a hectic week in terms of work and home life so hopefully I'll get a few hours over the next week to finish the Prodigy build too.

Good luck!
                        Good luck to you too. These tiny build are not easy!
                        The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

My loop will be in the following configuration

XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
                          Phobya DC12-260 12V Pump
                          Bitspower ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE Water Block
                          EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block
                          PrimoChill Vortex Clear Visual Flow Indicator
                          Bitspower Z-Multi 40 Tube Reservoir
                          XSPC EX140 Single 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
                          XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator (will have Bitspower G1/4" Mini Valve for drainage)
                          Back to XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
                          Quick question...why use 2 reservoirs?
                          Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
                          Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
                          Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
                          Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
                          Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
                          Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

Ah the reason is two fold
                            1)I like the aesthetic very much i have the room and will be modding the case door to show it (i think its gonna look great)
                            2)another res increases coolant volume and I imagine but am not sure that this might drive temp down ever so slightly(not sure if this is true) but at least temperature variation would be more stable?

So in short I am doing it for the looks. But i would be interested in hearing any experiences with more vs less coolant and how it affect temp.
                            The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

So.. I looked at the video. The tubing strikes me as out of place and a bit awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanoverfist View Post
                                So.. I looked at the video. The tubing strikes me as out of place and a bit awkward.
                                It really seems to me that he just did it just to prove that it could be done in at least one configuration and be done.

Will someone here please agree with me that the phrase "without compromise" does not fit for this one?
                                The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Working...
                                X