• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
    Yall come back now ya hear?
    Dude, I just looked back on this thread, I seemed to be a pretty angry little dude a couple years ago, more so than now i think. I was really mad at corair back then for the 250D. All in all it was a pretty ok little case, pity it couldn't have been just a hair bigger.

I'm not sure when it was that I actually became a corsair fanboy but I am now. I just wish they tried building a custom loop in it during development not after the fact when it was released.

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    Yall come back now ya hear?

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    This thread is being abandoned. The Fancy Pedestrian has gone through so many changes that it can no longer be considered the same build. Stay tuned for FP's evolution!

Some pictures in loving memory of The FP:

RIP lil buddy .
    Last edited by alex5389; 08-02-2016, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Replacement pump is hear. Leak testing/Upgrading to Windows 10, will be applying recommended privacy setting as per Hooded of course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02304.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	77128
    Last edited by alex5389; 07-27-2016, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    you make a good point for nubes Alex.

if your water loop fails, or ... sadly pump is dead... you can reboot to at least see that drives and windows boots.
    power draw is low and therefore heat is negligible.

as for bends... simplicity rules the day. I've only bent by hand, perhaps with a nice right angle template to make sure.
    also, try to bend first, then cut to length the tube to fit... why I use my palm sander to take the tube down by mm's at a time.

BUT... I can't deny loving to see a spiral loop tossed into the mix
    yes but the nubie should still be careful booting with the full cover blocks like mine. with mosfet, cpu, nb, and sb cooled in one block like mine i took a calculated risk when booting. I imagine it would have overheated shortly enough..

As for bends, i have been bending first and taking mm down at a time like you but i have been having most trouble with cases with a z axis none the less.

I will do my best to get back a looptaloop or two in there!!! Wish me luck!!!

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
    I've only bent tube once, and hated it. I'm not doing hard tube in my main rig, EVER. It's too much pain for too little gain.
    but it is kinda purdy, no?

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
    I much prefer building with all right angle fittings and using straight sections of tube for ease of it. Right now the only reason I haven't updated my build in 3 days is because I have to bend the tubes and I don't want to!

Anyways I don't think your tubing cracked because you used heat, you have to use heat to bend acrylic. However I think your mcmaster carr tube wasn't meant to be heated and bent or something, you just don't see the same thing happening with watercooling made tubing.

I also used some mandrels for my P5 build last week, but I want tighter bends in my new build so I'm doing them all by hand, it is a little less tedious than the mandrels imo. Still not enjoying it that much, haha.

I know!! and it looks sooo good like in snef's builds but I am just soo unwilling to spend all them monies on them 90 degree angles!!

You maybe right, I really really hope those primochill petg will hold up!!

I thought the mandrels were supposed to make life eaisier?

Leave a comment:

• Necrodead
    replied
    I much prefer building with all right angle fittings and using straight sections of tube for ease of it. Right now the only reason I haven't updated my build in 3 days is because I have to bend the tubes and I don't want to!

Anyways I don't think your tubing cracked because you used heat, you have to use heat to bend acrylic. However I think your mcmaster carr tube wasn't meant to be heated and bent or something, you just don't see the same thing happening with watercooling made tubing.

I also used some mandrels for my P5 build last week, but I want tighter bends in my new build so I'm doing them all by hand, it is a little less tedious than the mandrels imo. Still not enjoying it that much, haha.

Leave a comment:

• Bartacus
    replied
    I've only bent tube once, and hated it. I'm not doing hard tube in my main rig, EVER. It's too much pain for too little gain.

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    you make a good point for nubes Alex.

if your water loop fails, or ... sadly pump is dead... you can reboot to at least see that drives and windows boots.
    power draw is low and therefore heat is negligible.

as for bends... simplicity rules the day. I've only bent by hand, perhaps with a nice right angle template to make sure.
    also, try to bend first, then cut to length the tube to fit... why I use my palm sander to take the tube down by mm's at a time.

BUT... I can't deny loving to see a spiral loop tossed into the mix

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    So I made my tube runs.. start pouring in the distilled to flush/leak test......flip the psu on............and................... DENIED!!!!

Pump is dead.

Waiting for a new pump to arrive tomorrow. I wound up starting the system on waterblocks and air and was able to confirm boot so that is good at least, once i have the pump i will be able to upgrade to windows 10 qucikly by the deadline. Then I can take my time.

I'll tell you fellas what, I'm not enjoying bending these tubes as much as I remember.. Had a real hard time this time around... Maybe because I am using the monsoon mandrel set instead of free bending but I'm not gonna lie it has felt a bit tedious. I was originally planning to have veryyy elaborate and fancy bends, but now I am kinda reconsidering especially since I am now suspecting that the bends reduce the longevity of the tubing....

Any thoughts fellas?

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Since I've never seen this before, I would assume it is because that was just some generic tubing from a hardware store and not made for watercooling. People have been using bitspower acrylic for years and this has never been reported.
    The other thing is that these were bent using heat as well. I think it is fair to assume this compromises the integrity as well.

Leave a comment:

• Necrodead
    replied
    Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
    Cracked acrylic tubing??? never heard that happening on its own. not gonna lie im a lil worried about redliner now it has all acrylic tubing. It is from EK but still kinda worrying. That really sux tho alex sorry to hear about the leak
    Since I've never seen this before, I would assume it is because that was just some generic tubing from a hardware store and not made for watercooling. People have been using bitspower acrylic for years and this has never been reported.

Leave a comment:

• EZ's PC's
    replied
    Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
    Thought I would post the pics of the tubing that cracked and caused the leak. The acrylic has become crazy brittle, it breaks in your hands. I must say though this is not acrylic tube with watercooling branding, it is generic tubing from mcmaster carr.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4113[/ATTACH]
    Cracked acrylic tubing??? never heard that happening on its own. not gonna lie im a lil worried about redliner now it has all acrylic tubing. It is from EK but still kinda worrying. That really sux tho alex sorry to hear about the leak

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Is that newer peice at the top an unused one? Looks really hazy, surprised that happened with acrylic, at least it should be JUST acrylic I would assume.
    Yea man its crazy the water block is like that too, but i dont have time to take it apart and clean it. A flush will have to do, wish me luck.

bummer Alex. what will you use to replace this tube.

and having been near divorce court over this hobby, I been there too.
    just make Her a really sick mod!
    I bought some primochil petg and am hoping that will last better. LOL I wish she was into gaming, I totally would. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
    I bet lol "sorry hun dinner on the floor again" nice build man
    lol, please, that would never fly. Im just lucky we have usable kitchen and coffee tables!!

Originally posted by nass View Post
    You guys need to learn to buy the wife something each time u do a major upgrade .
    Ding ding ding, I think you are onto something!

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Words of true wisdom from nass ! Dinner, chocolates and flowers are good choices. Just one at a time though, don't want to spoil them too much.
    Nice point. I will start with flowers!

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Originally posted by nass View Post
    You guys need to learn to buy the wife something each time u do a major upgrade .
    Words of true wisdom from nass ! Dinner, chocolates and flowers are good choices. Just one at a time though, don't want to spoil them too much.

Leave a comment:

• nass
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X