Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaccima's Water Cooled HAF 932

Hello all,

I thought I would post some pics of my (finally) completed HAF 932 rig.

I started out with a couple of GTX560 Ti 448's which Daz was able to order a pair of EK full water blocks. Moved on to a XSPC dual bayres with a D5 vario pump attached. A few feet of 1/2 ID white tubing and Bitspower and Feser fittings. For the rad, I'm using a XSPC EX360 with three Cooler Master SickleFlow 120's (blue LED versions). The case contains cold cathode tubes as well as LED strip lighting. Next plan is to remove the cold cathodes and replace with more LED strip lighting. I'm hoping to create the effect that you see the light, but you don't know where it's coming from. Enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1845.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	79162 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1847.JPG
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	79163 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1850.JPG
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	79164 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1853.JPG
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	79165 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1851.JPG
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	79166
    Last edited by scaccima; 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM.
    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Very nice, nice to have neighbours am at bath and steeles. :party:
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Cool! I'm near Major Mack and Jane, about 10 minute walk to Wonderland. :party:
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

...10 and 5 over here in Sauga.

Nice build Scaccima. Interesting choice to keep the Corsair cooler and customize the GPUs.
        (560ti448's of mine are sitting in the closet anxiously awaiting a new build)

Also really like the front panel toggles... assume they're on some lights?
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post

Nice build Scaccima. Interesting choice to keep the Corsair cooler and customize the GPUs.

Thanks! The H70 is going to be replaced with a XSPC Raystorm cpu block and another EX360 rad hanging off the back of the case. The front toggles each control a pair of cold cathodes. Soon they will control LED's instead. There is another cold cathode behind the rad which is controlled by a pci bracket.
          Mario

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post

Do you visit the GPU`s in the closet very often ?
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
              Do you visit the GPU`s in the closet very often ?
              not nearly enough.

I'm thinking of swapping out my 680 for these two, and saving the big gun for my next build.

(gotta hurry up for Borderlands2)
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

This is a nice looking rig.
                I noticed that your Res is directly above your DVD drive. Is it a burner? And if so do you use it for burning much?

Reason I ask is I have my res positioned above my DVD/Bluray burner, and that sucker gets very hot during burns especially when burning a 25gb bluray. Does your res/system warm up when your making heavy use of the DVD drive?

I am going to have 1 - 5 1/4" bay space between mine and also going to add a plexi glass heat shield between the burner and my res, to prevent the coolant from heating up in the res.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                  This is a nice looking rig.
                  I noticed that your Res is directly above your DVD drive. Is it a burner? And if so do you use it for burning much?

Reason I ask is I have my res positioned above my DVD/Bluray burner, and that sucker gets very hot during burns especially when burning a 25gb bluray. Does your res/system warm up when your making heavy use of the DVD drive?

I am going to have 1 - 5 1/4" bay space between mine and also going to add a plexi glass heat shield between the burner and my res, to prevent the coolant from heating up in the res.
                  Hey Hooded!

Thanks for the compliment! The layout of my components differs from the picture. I wanted to put my res at the top, but with the D5 pump attached to the back of it and a 360 rad mounted at the top, it wouldn't fit. The res is now mounted between my DVD drive and my blu-ray player. I haven't burned any CD's or DVD's in a very long while so I can't tell if my burner gets hot or not. I wonder how much heat would get into the res (or tubing for that matter). I wonder if that has ever been tested for??
                  Mario

Comment

Hey all,

I just wanted to post some temps now that I've watercooled my video cards. Right now the ambient temp is 22 degrees C. and my idle temps are 28 degrees C. While gaming the temps never get higher than 38 degrees. The hottest they get is 54 degrees and that's only when I'm using them for Folding at Home. They get up to 99% load for a minimum of 6 hours straight. The best part is how quiet the system is now compared to when it was air cooled. Two video cards with fans running at 100% my temps were in the mid to high 80's while Folding at Home. I think my everyone on my street heard my computer back then!
                    Mario

Comment

Watercooling has some benefits, not only the pain!
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                        Hey all,

I just wanted to post some temps now that I've watercooled my video cards. Right now the ambient temp is 22 degrees C. and my idle temps are 28 degrees C. While gaming the temps never get higher than 38 degrees. The hottest they get is 54 degrees and that's only when I'm using them for Folding at Home. They get up to 99% load for a minimum of 6 hours straight. The best part is how quiet the system is now compared to when it was air cooled. Two video cards with fans running at 100% my temps were in the mid to high 80's while Folding at Home. I think my everyone on my street heard my computer back then!
                        Indeed! my two video cards haven't been over 35C!(I don't fold)

Comment

HOLY SMOKES scaccima....that looks very nice. I just got in the mail a "luxury" CCFL kit....http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=34244 cuz I wanted to try the stackable inverter....works great. I was thinkin bout white tubing as yours looks tres cool...Good work my man!
                          Last edited by GEARjmr; 09-27-2012, 02:06 AM. Reason: I reiterate...cuz I carn't spell
                          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
                            HOLY SMOKES scaccima....that looks very nice. I just got in the mail a "luxury" CCFL kit....http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=34244 cuz I wanted to try the stackable inverter....works great. I was thinkin bout white tubing as yours looks tres cool...Good work my man!
                            Thanks GEARjmr! I got the white tubing (XSPC) through Dazmode.com. The best part is with the blue lights (both LED and CCFL) the tubing almost glows like it's UV but it isn't. I'm going to be ordering some more of this tubing because I plan to add my CPU to the loop along with another EX360 rad. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but my 4 year old son thinks my rigs look cool! LOL!!

Here's a link to my other rig. I got my wife to believe I built it for our son!
                            http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...2-Water-Cooled
                            Last edited by scaccima; 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM.
                            Mario

Comment

4 years old....a great age...I remember my son at 4...and now at 18 its funny how that 4 year old still pops up now and then...lol. He's got my old Dell XPS 700 with the "free" motherboard upgrade...whatta story that was...lol. Yessir that white tubing does look straight up cool, I'm tryin for the black/chrome/blue theme and I can see I'm gonna actually do some "real" modding instead of tryin to keep things rather stock. I think it needs some reflective pieces places in the case. Hope your son enjoys "his" computer!
                              CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                              XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Working...
                              X