No announcement yet.

Scaccima's Water Cooled HAF 932

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Mario. LilBungz is 4 too. he caught me watching SouthPark tonite and stole my headset...
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      lol Mario. LilBungz is 4 too. he caught me watching SouthPark tonite and stole my headset...
      Now you have to build LilBungz a rig of his own!! I'm sure your wife won't mind - six core processor, 3 no 4 GTX690's watercooled, 64GB ram... sorry, I started day dreaming there for a second...
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I got an order today from Daz and I finally got a case decal! It looks right at home!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	74595

Sorry for the grainy picture! Maybe time for a new webcam, or better yet, get off my lazy a&$ and get a real camera!
        Last edited by scaccima; 09-28-2012, 11:22 PM.
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
          Now you have to build LilBungz a rig of his own!! I'm sure your wife won't mind - six core processor, 3 no 4 GTX690's watercooled, 64GB ram... sorry, I started day dreaming there for a second...
          actually, LilBungz is inhereting the 775 Q6600 with a 8800GTX SLI. does the trick!
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Time to feed my addiction and continue work on this rig.

I'm planning to remove the DVD-Rom drive (which is hardly used). Also planning to vinyl wrap my blu-ray player (thanks again gdesmo!) and re-arrange the remaining components. Ultimately I want to free up a 5.25 drive bay (top one) so I can move the top mounted rad around so the fittings are facing the front of the case. I will be ordering another EX360 rad and either a EK or XSPC CPU block to replace my Corsair H70. The second 360 will be mounted off the back of the case using the Koolance rad mount but I still have to decide how I'm going to run my tubing to it. The existing water cooling holes are to small for my 1/2 ID tubing (weird that the same holes on my 912 case will accommodate 1/2ID tubing easily and the 932 won't). I will be painting the inside of the case too and finally I will replace my 5 cold cathodes with LED light strips.
            Mario

Comment

HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

yes the addiction gets worse as time goes on

so External mount rad,I have yet to see any case that has the holes in the right spots for a clean hookup
                make you own so it will be clean

looking forward to seeing lotsa pics

Comment

Home depot or crappy have ¾" id rubber grommets about a buck a piece.

I just grabbed some the other day.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

The HAF 932 case as an option to mount the PSU at the top. There is a removable panel which has the water cooling holes in it. I might drill out the holes larger or just cut out the metal between them - not sure yet. Hopefully I remember to modify that panel BEFORE I paint the interior!
                    Mario

Comment

Turns out once I removed the rubber grouments from the PSU block out panel the holes are too large for the Bitspower case pass through fittings. I'll have to pay a visit to Lowes or Home Depot for some sheetmetal and drill out a pair of custom holes.

Does anyone know if 26 gauge sheetmetal is to thick or to thin?
                      Mario

Comment

Im not up on metal gauges but i know on my 932 that psu cover is kinda thin just like my atcs 840

course it is pretty small

Comment

Too thick or too thin for what?
                          26 gauge steel is .018" thick, which is less than 1/32" but larger than than 1/64" so about 3/128" thick.

How large are the holes that are pre drilled in the case?
                          A 3/4" inside dia grommet for 3/4 tube would require a hole 1" in diameter to fit snuggly and no larger than 1-1/8" in dia would fit case loosely but still work. They will come in various thickness's
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                            Turns out once I removed the rubber grommets from the PSU block out panel the holes are too large for the Bitspower case pass through fittings. I'll have to pay a visit to Lowes or Home Depot for some sheet metal and drill out a pair of custom holes.

Does anyone know if 26 gauge sheet metal is to thick or to thin?
                            Way too thin ! You want to use at least 16-18 ga for a patch panel, make sure you use a step drill for your holes because it is easier and leaves a nice hole. Princess Auto has a good set of three that goes on sale for as low as 10 bucks. Are you planning on riveting in a patch panel so can drill new holes ?
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                              Way too thin ! You want to use at least 16-18 ga for a patch panel, make sure you use a step drill for your holes because it is easier and leaves a nice hole. Princess Auto has a good set of three that goes on sale for as low as 10 bucks. Are you planning on riveting in a patch panel so can drill new holes ?
                              I'm planning to re-create the original Cooler Master PSU block out panel. It's held in place with 4 screws. I was thinking about getting a step drill - will have to check out Princess Auto, which I wasn't thinking about, thanks gdesmo!
                              Mario

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                                Too thick or too thin for what?
                                26 gauge steel is .018" thick, which is less than 1/32" but larger than than 1/64" so about 3/128" thick.

How large are the holes that are pre drilled in the case?
                                A 3/4" inside dia grommet for 3/4 tube would require a hole 1" in diameter to fit snuggly and no larger than 1-1/8" in dia would fit case loosely but still work. They will come in various thickness's
                                With the grommet in place the hole is only about 3/4" in diameter. With the grommet out, my 3/4" OD tubing fits through the hole, but I don't want any chaffing, also the look doesn't look "finished". By replacing that panel and drilling custom sized holes (to fit the Bitspower pass-through fittings) I'm thinking 2 things; 1: it won't damage my tubing; 2: it will look nicer. The whole idea for this is because I'm going to mount a 360 rad off the back using the Koolance Rad Mount.
                                Mario

Comment

Working...
                                X