No announcement yet.

Max-Overdrive 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great. Eager to see the next updates. Glad everything is now coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemTech View Post
      Looking great. Eager to see the next updates. Glad everything is now coming together.
      Thanks man,

I was hoping to slip under the wire tonight to upload the rest of the build photos along with the finals and almost made it even with a lot of problems. Anyway long story short it failed in epic proportions and between that and some other things that have popped up there is no way to finish it now. I had just been adding the final fluid to it when one of the lines blew off and soaked me and every thing else, so there is a good chance the mainboard is toast along with the new video card My apologies but Im at a total loss for words at the moment so Im going to upload what I have on my phone as the rest are on the soaked computer at the moment.

good luck to the rest of you, there are a lot of amazing builds,

the aftermath
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov_24_Max_01.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	89335

pre-aftermath

Name:	Nov_24_Max_02.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	89336

Only shot of the back when I was building at the moment.

Name:	Nov_24_Max_03.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	89337

Cheers,
      -dave

Comment

OMG Dave, I am so sorry for your incident. Fingers crossed for the mainboard and GPU! Even with the blow out, it looks great!

If it make you feel any better, I won't finish either. No dramatic burn out rather than fade away though!

Comment

Throw some "F"'s in the comments boys and girls. dknourek this is truly heaartbreaking, and I hope for the best.
          All I can say is take everything apart and(it sounds silly) Throw it into an empty diswasher with no detergents.
          Let everything dry for a few days with a fan blowing at it.

Comment

Awe man that's awful news hopefully salvageable!

May the pc gods look upon you gracefully and allow your hardware to be functional!!

Comment

Sorry for not chiming in till now. I was devastated beyond belief and life had blown up right after so its been a bit hectic. TYVM for the support guys, I appreciate it a lot it looks like the video card is probably toast. It took on a bout 1.5L of coolant spraying into it so I'm trying to see if I can find a used one but not holding my breath as my wallet is bare to say the least. I'm still unsure of the fate of the main board, I made sure it was still de-energized and then gave it an alcohol bath and letting it dry for a few days yet. Just to make sure hopefully then Ill be able to put it back together and finish it to how I wanted it, and put my mod back in the reservoir when I get another D5 pump as I cant remember if I mentioned it before but prior to the flood and other chaos, the brand new and never used pump was DOA *Bangs head on desk* lol.

Comment

Ah man, thats horrible. Soo sorry that this happened. I really like this build and its very sad this happened.
                Once you have her all up and working again, you need to post the final results

Comment

Take your time, we'd love to see the finished rig. Hope the mobo at least will be ok...

Comment

Thanks guys, I will fire up a separate build log and maybe try for BOTM for Dec or Jan maybe, if I can get enough time to finish it and add other things that I wanted but we’re too complicated for this round.

hope everyone has a great weekend

Comment

This is a very nice build. I totally digging tube lines design-wise, but unsupported connections are dangerous (which you leaned yourself). It is always better/safer that hard tube is somewhat jammed between two points. For instance, two 90-degree fitting and straight between is the safest way.

For spilling, you have to take apart and dry it off. Most likely it will work just fine. May need (carefully) clean PCI and sata connectors.

Keeping fingers croissed for sucessful finish!

Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                        This is a very nice build. I totally digging tube lines design-wise, but unsupported connections are dangerous (which you leaned yourself). It is always better/safer that hard tube is somewhat jammed between two points. For instance, two 90-degree fitting and straight between is the safest way.

For spilling, you have to take apart and dry it off. Most likely it will work just fine. May need (carefully) clean PCI and sata connectors.

Keeping fingers croissed for sucessful finish!

Thanks Daz, the thing is that Im generally overly cautious as I have had a few bad mishaps and plan accordingly, The part that blew off just above the flow meter was very much supported where the part that goes from the flow meter to the video card actually rests on the bottom of the case. I did this intentionally as I wanted the appearance of that line as if it went straight in to the bottom of the case and came back up to meet the video card. The line that blew off was at the fitting coming out of the inline filter exiting the waterblock. After the accident I drained it all completely and re-checked all the fittings to make sure they were tight, which they were and then as a test I pulled slightly on the tubes and they came out of the fittings as if they were just push-in fittings and not compression fittings. I also double checked the fitting that failed and it had the two inner o-rings that were undamaged at all and the one that goes between the fitting and the screw down cap was there and the cap was still tight. I never had these problems with the 12mm tubing but these 14mm ones are a serious pain lol. Needless to say I have trust issues with these ones and they are all in a box on a shelf and not sure if Ill try them again. I recently tested these new-ish anti-off fittings and they seem far better. I plugged one in an old reservoir and threw a straight 14mm pipe on it and tried to pull it out and it took a lot of effort to pull them apart so I'm going to switch to those for the next round and see how they fair

Given I have such fantastic luck with electronics and such, generally I can give them an alcohol bath and let it sit for a week or two and 80% of the time I can get it running again. So far like I mentioned the video card is still a no go but going to try it again in a week or so along with the motherboard.

Thanks for the comments and I always appreciate your advice and sharing your knowledge and thank you for running these contests! It was crazy stressful but in a good way, well till the last bit haha.

-dave

Comment

I wanted to say that the support I received on here has been amazing throughout the competition and wanted to say thank you all very much. Between here and in DM's up to now is what kept me going and even though I know the below is not eligible, I cleaned up the mess in the case this weekend and changed the fittings while keeping all the tubing and temporarily filled the loop for those that were interested. Ill be draining and working on it as I can, as there is still a lot of work (provided I can get everything running) but will make a new build log at some point when I can get back on it. Until then here is a teaser (without power of course lol till it dries out more) .

This first one was just so show what I was explaining earlier about the tubing being supported.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Max-OD_2_dknourek-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	89499

Interior
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Max-OD_2_dknourek-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.8 KB ID:	89500
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Max-OD_2_dknourek-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	89501

most of the bottom 1/4 I was planing on making cover panels for similar to the front right to hide some of the insane amount of wiring and give it a cleaner look. And hopefully down the road I'll get the D5 pump back in so I can get rid of the big black DDC at the bottom of the distro block.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Max-OD_2_dknourek-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	89502
                          I struggled big time weather to build a PSU shroud and figured there was not going to be enough time so I had tried to make the wires as clean as possible and sleeved them in place pretty much one at a time lol. There was approx about 30 or so hours of just sleeving and making all the wires up, trying to carefully measure each one. There are a few I want to redo though
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Max-OD_2_dknourek-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.2 KB ID:	89503

Cheers !

Comment

Glad to see you back at it so quick!

Comment

Originally posted by bms97 View Post
                              Glad to see you back at it so quick!
                              Thanks man, was pretty much just a tear down of some things, careful cleaning. tossing it back together, filling and photos. Going to be tearing it apart and changing quite a bit. But again I've pulled the video card back out and the main board as well and they are on a shelf that stays very warm with a ton of air moving over them from my two of my other render slaves. The temp probe was last around 30C where they are sitting lol. When I start rendering frames it rises to around 40C-ish

Comment

Ill be creating a new build log on this one soon in the other "Post your build pictures" section and laying this one to rest

Comment

Working...
                                X