No announcement yet.

Caselabs Reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about external MORA for along time now.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      Thinking about external MORA for along time now.
      I have. I think i've been looking at one since 2017. Optimus fittings are good but i am starting to dislike bitspower stuff more. The royal blue brass tubing really loses color easily and I had issue where one of the brass tubing was stuck inside my Optimus Fittings. I had to use lot of force to take out. I tied other tubes and they are ok so its qc issue on that. Then I have collection of stuck BP fittings with lids or fittings i can't screw off (so g1/4 extender or male-male g1/4 stuck to extension fittings and flow splitters).

It's going to put into good use cooling down that RTX3090.
      Attached Files

Comment

Don't think will finish build. The 3000 Series, GPU Block Situation and radiator likely delayed launch (may have to get something else in meantime) means likely will finish in 2021. I did install some Uni Fans and in terms of cable management I like them.

Comment

I'm thinking there will be plenty of supply by end of October.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
            I'm thinking there will be plenty of supply by end of October.
            I hope so. Right now i put name down for the strix. In regards to the block its between aquacomputer/heatkiller/optimus at this point. Optimus might be the quickest of the group.

Comment

Update: I hope by December to have this setup

1. I am getting the aquacomputer next flow/temp sensor shortly.
              2. The Heatkiller new radiators will be coming out this November.
              3. GPU is hopefully this December
              4. I got the cabling portion done and hopefully get the new set of sleeved cables in one month.
              5. Working on lead to get my Caselabs S8 Repainted (Powder Coating) - Hopefully done soon
              6. Working on which waterblock to go for. Optimus is really pricy option fully loaded (400USD) . Then there's Aquacomputer/Heatkiller option. Slightly cheaper (100-150USD less).
              7. Looking into getting 5950X upgrade too.

Comment

Your going to be cutting close LOL.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

At this point, it will be next year contest anyway since an update to alderlake/am5 is on the book (new cpu block). This year is just not great for building. That and I got to work out the custom work on the caselabs s8 i need to do over the coming year.

It’s more i want to finish the machine as much as i can. The desktop been down for couple months because of no GPU.
                  Last edited by section31; 10-22-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

The new flow/temp sensor are in. Super tiny if anyone thinking about it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Testing out methods where to mount the new flow meter Click image for larger version

Name:	7BF887B3-A6DD-4B51-90E8-63F919407193.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	92100
                      Attached Files

Comment

Have to consider leaving enough room for the custom cables.

Comment

Draft Re-Doing of External Radiator
                          Attached Files

Comment

You can send that high flow next this way if you have too many haha just kidding. Looking good buddy! And that MORA is just... wow! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                              You can send that high flow next this way if you have too many haha just kidding. Looking good buddy! And that MORA is just... wow! Keep up the good work!
                              What I need is the new LianLi UNI 140mm fans so I can use the heatkiller cover to hide the fans. I ain't paying the price though, 35Cad (after-tax) x 9 = 315Cad (pre-tax) for fans. I only paid 25cad each (250cad total) for the Arctic Cooling Bionix P140 couple months earlier.

Comment

Hope to see more progress soon, this is such a promising refresh

Comment

Working...
                                X