• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Five Gears
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Thank guys, its a big step here...lol...but I figure I can't go wrong with future proofin' a case. I'm gonna get Grey Primer I think, hope to get it outta the crate and take the parts to my bud who paints new fire engines and get him to do a blue and black scheme on it. I can plan that paint job all I want in my mind but until I've got parts in hand, can't say for sure which parts will be which color, but maybe I should just make up my damn mind and get some parts primered and some powder coated black right from Caselabs and I just might tackle that paint job myself. Outside will be mainly black for sure though. Gonna go with a thick 480 in the top and use an acrylic midplate front to back to hide the PSU and cables and to mount the pump on. Not sure what size tube res I can go with, cause of the thick rad in p/p in the attic and the midplate. Any ideas on a quality tube res would be much appreciated. Don't need anythin' fancy but blue plexi would be awesome. Don't have much to install in the 5.25 bays just temp gauges(which now are housed in a Phobya plate...looks way cooler than my mod job) and fan controller, as snef pointed out "get an external enclosure for the optical"...lol. Will have to leave room for intake fans in front as well. Anyway, thanks again and with the help I know I'll be needin' it'll still be a "community build".
      CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
      XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

GEARjmr: would you mind sharing how much the shipping was for your case? I'm on the fence with Case Labs. I want one awful bad, but I'm also tempted to just wait for the Corsair 900D since it will be practically half the cost. I need a sugar momma!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
          GEARjmr: would you mind sharing how much the shipping was for your case? I'm on the fence with Case Labs. I want one awful bad, but I'm also tempted to just wait for the Corsair 900D since it will be practically half the cost. I need a sugar momma!
          I sure will Bart, getting pretty darn close to ordering but want to make sure I get it right the first time..lol. Hope you can wait a few days on that shipping total. Man, having snef and the boys helpin' me with this has reduced the ole' stress level by a factor of mega!
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
            I sure will Bart, getting pretty darn close to ordering but want to make sure I get it right the first time..lol. Hope you can wait a few days on that shipping total. Man, having snef and the boys helpin' me with this has reduced the ole' stress level by a factor of mega!
            No hurry at all sir. I've been browsing Case Labs site for weeks now, and I know what you mean by stress! SO many options that I'm not sure I completely understand!

Comment

Couple tips:

You get only 4 mounts for front bay devices
              If you want front fans, that extra part you need.
              Bigger windows is cool.
              Don't be cheap and get it assembled!
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                Couple tips:

You get only 4 mounts for front bay devices
                If you want front fans, that extra part you need.
                Bigger windows is cool.
                Don't be cheap and get it assembled!
                OK someone here thinks I gotta money tree in the back yard...lol...wouldn't having it shipped assembled cost more? I know it wouldn't if they ship by weight and not dimension. Am I correct that Caselabs is in LA? If so shipping shouldn't take much to here in BC. Got the XL Window and 120.3 Rad Mount for 3 intake fans up front...maybe put in my RS360 some time. Just workin' with snef now on what 5.25 brackets I'll be needing as well. I thank you much for the tips Daz.

Comment

Ha ! Ha ! Click image for larger version

Name:	images (9).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	75143
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                    Ha ! Ha ! [ATTACH=CONFIG]1218[/ATTACH]
                    Is it pot tree?

Comment

Youse guys slay me...lol... no pot tree but I can tell ya I'll be burnin' a gagger just before I hit that "Order" button!! Should be placin' that order by tonite or tomorrow gents.

Comment

Do that afterwards. The gagger will make you paranoid and second guess your order if you do it before!

Comment

I would suggest adding a few of the adjustable bay device mounts (unless you want to mod some of the stock ones) as it'll make the fit better. Also, a couple of the smaller bay mounts are a good idea if you have a fan controller, or something else that doesn't need a full length mount. Just my 2 cents.

Shipping is quick, I believe mine shipped on the Wednesday and I had mine on the Friday morning. BC would be the same at worst I would think.

Comment

After CS it is hard to look at anything else. I also think this is rare example when you can call it future proof investment purchase, unlike everything else we usually deal with like Swiftech 220 expandable kit marketing BS.

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
                              Youse guys slay me...lol... no pot tree but I can tell ya I'll be burnin' a gagger just before I hit that "Order" button!! Should be placin' that order by tonite or tomorrow gents.
                              Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                              Do that afterwards. The gagger will make you paranoid and second guess your order if you do it before!
                              Damn we just called it a joint back in the day, never heard the term gagger before. May mellow the mind and expand his view so that the order increases, sort of like the watercooling munchies !
                              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                                Is it pot tree?
                                Hmmm. BC , you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X