No announcement yet.

XPS 700 Aluminum Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i ordered all my accessories with the case they put them inside(TH-10 came pre assembled)and didnt have to pay any duties on it
    just for the case
    I was happy about that saved me quite a few bucks

Cant beat Jims service

Comment

Hey FF...so if you get the case assembled and not flat packed you don't pay duty?
      CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
      XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
        Hey FF...so if you get the case assembled and not flat packed you don't pay duty?
        Well, there is no duty whatsoever under NAFTA as it's an American product. What he probably meant is the accessories added weren't detailed in the import papers and therefore weren't subject to HST because of it. Might have been an oversight on Caselabs part, or maybe that's how they do things. Either way, there is no duty, just 13 percent HST added to the value declared.

Comment

Correct jrees no duty just taxes to pay
          but with about 400 in accessories was a nice saving

Th-10 cant be flat packed ...original version
          i have read they are redoing the magnum series so they can be flat packed
          will save on shippping

also when i ordered the pedestal later i added more parts and they kept it off the bill
          little things like that make a difference in the end

Comment

Hehe....now your talkin' my kinda language jrees... I was wonderin' bout NAFTA...some were sayin' it was covered... a few said they hadda pay the duty. Sounds good jrees...nome saaaaane?
            CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
            XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
              Correct jrees no duty just taxes to pay
              but with about 400 in accessories was a nice saving

Th-10 cant be flat packed ...original version
              i have read they are redoing the magnum series so they can be flat packed
              will save on shippping

also when i ordered the pedestal later i added more parts and they kept it off the bill
              little things like that make a difference in the end
              Hearin' that FF, gotta love it when a company at least tries to make it easier for the end user.

Comment

i hope Caselabs still ship flat packed

they remove this option form the online store

i think flat packed save a lot on shipping rate

and i need to order one next week

i remember, i paid $106US for shipping by USPS for my M8
                i hope it will be less than that for a SM8 (half size of M8)
                and save more with flat packed

and for thumb screew, Caselab put some in spare in the box, and only on front of the case you have 14 thumb for bay cover, and you will not use all for rad

but for the price, $2.95 for 10, good idea to order one kit

you will never regret this purchase, corsair D900 will be a real good case but never at Caselabs level

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                  i hope Caselabs still ship flat packed

they remove this option form the online store

i think flat packed save a lot on shipping rate

and i need to order one next week

i remember, i paid $106US for shipping by USPS for my M8
                  i hope it will be less than that for a SM8 (half size of M8)
                  and save more with flat packed

and for thumb screew, Caselab put some in spare in the box, and only on front of the case you have 14 thumb for bay cover, and you will not use all for rad

but for the price, $2.95 for 10, good idea to order one kit

you will never regret this purchase, corsair D900 will be a real good case but never at Caselabs level
                  Flat packed would be better for sure snef...and just for giggles...would the height difference between the Merlin ST10 and the SM8 make putting in a midplate easier?

Comment

easier.... no, juste more space and 10 pcie slot instead of 8

to big for me
                    i stay with 8 serie

Comment

ST10 made more for quad gpu set up then? Cool. Dang, thought of something else for the front bays.First is there any advantage to getting regulated power to the pumps? If so I may like to do that in the future and would suppose I need a front bay for a controller...2 X 120mm Fan Mounts or 1 X 240 Rad Mount instead of the 360mm Rad Mount?
                      Last edited by GEARjmr; 04-14-2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I dont use any on my pump
                        I really dont know on this one

But. You can buy 3 x 120 mm fan mount flex bay
                        You can mount rad on these, its only $2 more than a 360 rad mount
                        And later if you need bay, remove one fan mount, change rad to 240 ( if you have a 360)

But if you want a real good control on fan, pump, sensor, flow temp, maybe look for aquacomputer aquaero 5
                        You can have the LT and poweradjust and mount these under midplate and keep youre 369 rad

Aquaero are expensive but really nice

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
                          Hehe....now your talkin' my kinda language jrees... I was wonderin' bout NAFTA...some were sayin' it was covered... a few said they hadda pay the duty. Sounds good jrees...nome saaaaane?
                          I think some people get duty and taxes confused. If they paid any duty, they shouldn't have...

Anyways, mine was shipped by FedEx. Was cheaper than USPS and only took 2 days.

I'm a little jealous! This is bringing back the anticipation of waiting for my order to come in. You will LOVE this case!!!

Comment

I dont use any on my pump
                            I really dont know on this one

But. You can buy 3 x 120 mm fan mount flex bay
                            You can mount rad on these, its only $2 more than a 360 rad mount
                            And later if you need bay, remove one fan mount, change rad to 240 ( if you have a 360)

But if you want a real good control on fan, pump, sensor, flow temp, maybe look for aquacomputer aquaero 5
                            You can have the LT and poweradjust and mount these under midplate and keep youre 369 rad

Aquaero are expensive but really nice
                            OK...thanks snef...I've seen that Aquaero on sites for sale but as soon as I looked at the price it was like, ok I'll just skip over that...lol. Butcha know...I think I'll hit a site and scope it out. So you can mount a rad in the Fan Mounts...saweet...for that I'll spend the extra 2 buckaroos.

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
                              I think some people get duty and taxes confused. If they paid any duty, they shouldn't have...

Anyways, mine was shipped by FedEx. Was cheaper than USPS and only took 2 days.

I'm a little jealous! This is bringing back the anticipation of waiting for my order to come in. You will LOVE this case!!!
                              Did you pay duty or anything ( except hst) with fedex?

Maybe use fedex next time if i need to pay only taxe

Comment

Did you pay duty or anything ( except hst) with fedex?

Maybe use fedex next time if i need to pay only taxe
                                Just HST. Brokerage fees are included with the shipping cost so it was 13% on the total value. Should be the same for USPS (which hamds over to Canada Post), although in addition to the 13% there would be an $8.50 brokerage charge payable to Canada Post.

Comment

Working...
                                X