No announcement yet.

XPS 700 Aluminum Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, get it flat packed as it'll be half the price of assembled. It'll likely be $100-125 for shipping. Assembly is easy, just count on an hour to do it. I really enjoyed assembling mine, and ended up having a greater appreciation of the product and it's quality as a result.

Comment

it took me 6 hours to assemble mine, but I guess I just dumber than overage!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

OK..ok...It's still a joint or doobee or as the French say..dubois and its done and gone. Havn't pressed the button but sent my email requesting shipping cost. This is how it looked:

1. Case Color: Black Matte ( since it looks like I'm restricted to black and white or the primer grey, I'll get it all in black and deal with the blue later).

2. Orientation: Standard

3. MB Door Style: XL Window - Clear ( Don't know how dark the Grey is so sticking to a clear )

4. Cable Side Door: Ventilated ( a row of ventilation top and bottom, front to back looks cool and more air can't hurt I figure )

5. Top Cover: Ventilated - Standard

6. Top Chassis Mount: 120.4 Radiator Mount

7. Bottom Chassis Mount: 120.4 Radiator Mount

8. I/O Panel: USB 3.0/HD Audio

9. Flex Bay Covers: Ventilated

10. PCI Backplate: Hex Mesh

11. Flex - Bay 5.25 Device Mount: Short ( MAC-158 ) X 2 ( 1 set for Fan Controller and 1 set for Temperature Gauges )

12.Flex - Bay 5.25 Device Mount: Short Adjustable X 2

13. Rad Mount - 120.3 Flex - Bay Rad Mount ( will use this for fans for now )

14. Accessory Mount - Horizontal and Vertical ( SM8 )

Total: 510.65
        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          it took me 6 hours to assemble mine, but I guess I just dumber than overage!
          Ya right Daz...dumb like a fox.
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
            Oh yeah, get it flat packed as it'll be half the price of assembled. It'll likely be $100-125 for shipping. Assembly is easy, just count on an hour to do it. I really enjoyed assembling mine, and ended up having a greater appreciation of the product and it's quality as a result.
            For sure!!! I just gotta put it together...ooops....I mean assemble

Comment

Saaawwweet !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Same here. Wanted tinted, but decided for sure bet.

I'm not sure about ventilated cables door side for 2 reasons:

More dust and quite often you don't really want to show that side of the build
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Nice! That SM8 case has so many better options than the cube cases. Wonder why the cubes seem more limited? No 120.4 drop in options on those things. They must be shorter than I thought.

EDIT! question GEARjmr: are you putting 480s in the top AND bottom? If so, where does the power supply mount?
                  Last edited by Bartacus; 04-14-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

By looking at the Caselabs pic of the case the cable side door is only ventilated with a row of slashes top and bottom and the cable side is always against the wall anyway so I think I'm good there Daz. The dust issue is not as bad as one might imagine in my "Computer in a Closet" setup..lol. With 2X140mm and 1X200mm as intake there's very little dust and I don't use filters ( drives the noise up too much ). But point well taken Daz, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                      Nice! That SM8 case has so many better options than the cube cases. Wonder why the cubes seem more limited? No 120.4 drop in options on those things. They must be shorter than I thought.

EDIT! question GEARjmr: are you putting 480s in the top AND bottom? If so, where does the power supply mount?
                      Yessir Bart...gotta love the options these cases have. For now I'm going with 1 thick 480 in the top, so PSU on the floor. Got the 360 rad mount for fans in front for now as well as I'll still have the RS360 I got from Daz. The support bar is for a lightbox over the PSU. snef suggested a Dual Serial top as I've already got 2 D5's so now the decision is whether to got with a 150mm Bits Tube res and show the pumps off over the lightbox midplate or a 250mm and have the pumps hidden under the midplate. I dunno about the wide cases...my eyeballs are fallin' out from puttin' the SM8 order in...
                      Last edited by GEARjmr; 04-14-2013, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I can't wait to see the shipping estimate!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                          I can't wait to see the shipping estimate!
                          Let ya know as soon as I get the email Bart!!

Comment

Sweet setup sir

I love their thumbscrews get some xtra if u can
                            never have too many of those beauties

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                              Sweet setup sir

I love their thumbscrews get some xtra if u can
                              never have too many of those beauties
                              Good call. I did that as well.

Another thing, I wouldn't spend the money on the ventilated flex bay covers if you think most of it will be filled. I did the same and put in a 2nd order that included ventilated covers and don't actually use any. Between the front rad mount you've ordered, and other devices it may be a waste of money. I only actually have 2 flex bay covers in use for my rig, and the standard flat ones looked better IMO (had to actually order them as mine was configured as ventilated)

I'd also suggest getting a few feet of the rubber moulding if you plan to do any modding. It's cheap, and would be good to have rather than not have it down the road and trying to source it elsewhere.

Comment

Thanks a mill for your input guys....like I mentioned to snef, I feel like a real noob but damn when your spendin' this kinda sheckles on a case you've never used before I wanna make sure I get it at least half assed right..lol. And what's with these guys at Caselabs takin' the weekend off...don't they know I wanna order this baby? I'll make sure about the Bay Covers and extra thumbscrews when I put the actual order in, cuz what the hay, 10 dineros is 10 dineros! Damn...while I'm off work anyway maybe I should just drive down to LA and pick it up. Borrow my bud's 68 Coronet and make a REAL road trip outta it.

Comment

Working...
                                X