Towering Inferno: A Caselabs STH10 Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrees View Post
    They do, but USPS cost more when they sent me my quote (much to my surprise). Being that brokerage was included, it still worked out to less. You're gonna get dinged for HST regardless. I really doubt they'd mark the package as less than it's worth though.
    When I got mine they had the just case in the shipping bill
    so paid the tax on that

but there was another 3-400 in accessories on the inside

Comment

wow this whole international shipping thing sounds like rape!!! is this just a canadian thing? by the way jrees great avatar from a great show they toured the US but i didnt get to see them
      The Ultra Fancy Build
      The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
      The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
        wow this whole international shipping thing sounds like rape!!! is this just a canadian thing? by the way jrees great avatar from a great show they toured the US but i didnt get to see them
        It's not so much the shipping. It's the fees charged by some shippers to do the paperwork and clear the package. It boggles my mind that if I pay for shipping without brokerage included, then UPS can charge a varying amount depending on the value of the item I'm importing. Unless I am missing something, it shouldn't cost more to do the paperwork for a $1000 item, than it would for a $50 item. USPS/Canada Post is a flat rate regardless of value. The way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
          It's not so much the shipping. It's the fees charged by some shippers to do the paperwork and clear the package. It boggles my mind that if I pay for shipping without brokerage included, then UPS can charge a varying amount depending on the value of the item I'm importing. Unless I am missing something, it shouldn't cost more to do the paperwork for a $1000 item, than it would for a $50 item. USPS/Canada Post is a flat rate regardless of value. The way it should be.
          agreed.. ew that is gross.
          The Ultra Fancy Build
          The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
          The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Sorry guys, been really busy. Here's some pics as promised....I hope they're not too big for some of you.

I've still got a lot of work to do in terms of tidying up some of the sleeving near the fan controller, although I'm not sure how much can be done. I'd like to add some lighting inside the chassis, but am unsure which route to go as of now. Will be picking some brains here later.

If anybody wants some specific shots, let me know. I do plan to post some more side-by-sides with the 800D when I get it rebuilt (no liquid cooling...just gonna be mass storage for my media).

Attached Files
            Last edited by jrees; 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

Nice setup jrees.

Planning to add blocks to your GPU's later?
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Looks nice! Now you gotta get those 680's wet too!
                  Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                    Nice setup jrees.

Planning to add blocks to your GPU's later?
                    Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                    Looks nice! Now you gotta get those 680's wet too!
                    I am looking into it. I was planning to skip this generation and wait until the 700s as I don't have a reference design, and there is only one option for these as they're the 4GB variety. When I do get the GPUs wet I will likely go with a Koolance RP-1200 5.25 bay/res/pump combo. I only have 3 5.25 bays left now, so I don't want to eat up a couple with a reservoir. Not sure I want to go with a tube res either, although free space is definitely a luxury.

Daz has the blocks listed for my cards at $125 each (although not in stock). It's not really a priority right now as I've got the itch to finally grab the macro lens for my camera....decisions, decisions....

Comment

Gotta scratch dem itches. Nice setup Jrees! I'm hating my 800D now. It's just too damned small, and looking at your case just makes that all the more obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                        Gotta scratch dem itches. Nice setup Jrees! I'm hating my 800D now. It's just too damned small, and looking at your case just makes that all the more obvious!
                        I remember thinking my 800D was huge when I got it. The lack of a motherboard tray drove me insane. The Caselabs has been a dream to work with as there is just so much room to work with (the extra room behind the motherboard is a blessing. I haven't even put anything in the bottom yet, but I do have a quad rad ready to go when I do my GPUS. I grabbed two rad mounts when I ordered my case in case I ever felt the need to have 3 quads going One day, one day...

Comment

How good are the Caselabs boxes for someone with 5 3.5" hard drives though? That's my main issues with these "water cooling friendly" cases. Most of them seem to assume we don't need much (if any) 3.5" bays. I have 5 1TB hard drives in addition to 2 SSDs. Finding a decent case to fit all that, AND some large rads, is a challenge.

Comment

Kick ass rig jrees and some great shots
                            thanks for sharing
                            I just ordered the Tamron 90mm macro lens
                            which lens are you considering?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                              How good are the Caselabs boxes for someone with 5 3.5" hard drives though? That's my main issues with these "water cooling friendly" cases. Most of them seem to assume we don't need much (if any) 3.5" bays. I have 5 1TB hard drives in addition to 2 SSDs. Finding a decent case to fit all that, AND some large rads, is a challenge.
                              I have essentially 17-5.25 bays up the front of the case that can be used. On the right of the case behind in the cable-mgmt. side, it comes with some drive mounts that have room for 3 SSDs, and 2-3.5 inch drives. There are also plenty of options to add drives. They have a 120mm-fan flex bay mount that will hold up to 4-3.5 drives as well.

There's no shortage on options for these bad boys. Just try to figure it all out before you order so you don't need to pay for shipping twice like I did when I figured out I needed to add a few things.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                                Kick ass rig jrees and some great shots
                                thanks for sharing
                                I just ordered the Tamron 90mm macro lens
                                which lens are you considering?
                                I have my heart set on the Canon 100mm 2.8L

Comment

Working...
                                X