No announcement yet.

New to Liquid cooling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a solid plan to me. You might save a couple degrees not warming up the air coming in to the case using a front rad setup, but your definitely going to get better sound level having the top kept closed.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

great discussion fellas.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

well since im the type of guy that says F*ck it why not more often than not..... i just put in my order for the Darkside hard tube starter kit...... should be here early next week and i am taking the dive head first (without checking the water before hand) into hard tube water cooling!!!!!
        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I think you'll like it. Just remember there is no race and enjoy the experience of the build.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
            Yeah this hobby sure isn't cheap. At times I tell myself I should adopt cheaper hobbies, like cocaine or heroin.
            lol, you wouldn't say that if you knew what the "real"(long term) cost of doing either is. I'd stick with Watercooling.

Comment

Well, it was a joke obviously. I'm content to abuse myself with booze, hell with long term effects. Everyone dies in the end anyway. So to quote Doug Stanhope, "I'm going to treat my body like the rental car that it is, and I'm turning it in TRASHED, with the bumper hanging off".

Comment

Well the FedEx man dropped off a nice box the other day.... but it looks like the next few weeks are going to be quite busy for me so the actual build won't take place for a little while.... hopefully within a couple of weeks
                "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Ya all hobby's are expensive, that's the point, lol. That sim rig ya have there costs a bit...

Water cooling is very cool, a mix of art and performance I would say.

Once ya start will keep ya interested for years to come. Daz has made things easier for us, most things at your finger tips and then at your door within a day or so.

Also your in a forum that has allot of experienced peps, welcome too the forums. Don't be shy and ask questions.
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Well since the build it self has been delayed by a few weeks I have been going through a bunch of other builds looking for inspiration. That inspiration led me to order a 360mm cross flow rad to use for the front rad. And if I can get it to fit I will now use the regular rad as a top rad..... is 720mm of rad overkill for a cpu block..... well I guess I'll be nice and cool.....

Comment

You will be ready once ya get a block for your vid. 720 is a bit of overkill for a cpu ya..
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Overkill for sure, but when has that EVER been a BAD thing?

Comment

Never, as most of us have done ours already I have a quad core for cpu another for one vid on mine.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Gotwake View Post
                            Well since the build it self has been delayed by a few weeks I have been going through a bunch of other builds looking for inspiration. That inspiration led me to order a 360mm cross flow rad to use for the front rad. And if I can get it to fit I will now use the regular rad as a top rad..... is 720mm of rad overkill for a cpu block..... well I guess I'll be nice and cool.....
                            Ya and quiet, with that much surface you can really dial down the fans.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Quite the Setup you got there man!! bet your having a blast gaming.
                              Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Let the build begin!!!

I have the slr ready to do a full build log

Comment

Working...
                                X