No announcement yet.

Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a small sheet of 1" in my son's system ya is sands but your right polish was the wrong word
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

It's kind of strange that some acetal parts are machined super smooth and EK Tops have those marks.
      The SLOB : A 3570K Build
      Down & Out : A 2600K Build
      V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

I got the midplate piece for my sons system from the manufacturer, took some fine sand paper to it and water and smoothed it out idea. Those same swirls were in that bigger piece as are on my vid block. I believe the smaller blocks you don't see it idea. Maybe will just leave it alone instead of screwing it up idea.
        Last edited by nass; 04-10-2018, 11:33 PM.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Well have it rebuilt, round 2, new block and better runs.

Previously was going through the vid first, I never usually do that, so in the end changed it up.

Now is res - 280 rad - cpu -420 rad - gpu - res again. Will see shortly if temps are better...

System is running the air out now as I type this. Will post some pics up soon.
          Last edited by nass; 04-28-2018, 12:27 AM.
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

You were right Hooded the vision is working nice regular little computer on there just on the cpu. Is scrolling through a allot of info from the usb, nice and Thx eh.

Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Mixed the fittings on this build, right side of case actually res and 280 rad and drain port used all bitspower black, cpu, vid and 420 rad used darkside chrome..
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Looking great Nass! How do you find the cooling performance of the CPU block?

Comment

Thx Bart,
                    so far am impressed, readout is cool. Performance wise seems to be better than the ek but also changed the tube layout so not sure on which one contributes the most.

First impression out of box was thinking it was light. Connection as usual with AC and 16mm fittings, things are tight.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Good to hear that it's working well.
                      Sure looks good. Sweet rig.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Yeah there aren't too many CPU blocks where 16mm fittings AREN'T tight. Even my HeatKiller IV has barely 2mm of space between the fittings. But 16mm is the way to go for sure. 12mm is just too thin looking for my tastes.

Comment

My first time using 16mm in my current build, and the fitting is so big part of the seal seems to be ontop of the EK badge thingy. Seems to be sealed though. Also using fittings on 16mm the runs are so heavy! lol. Not even with liquid in them yet.

Yeah Bart I thnk 12mm is a bit thin unless you are doing a really small project, but I think the 16mm fittings look oversized. I'd like to try 14mm, but it seems to only be a popular size in china.
                          My Imgur

Comment

Awesome block there nass, I love having those temp readouts!
                            My Imgur

Comment

Thx guys, took a while starring at this build friday night after tearing it down and allot again on sat morn.
                              Ya block was something been looking at for awhile now, never really noticed the acetal one before.
                              Have never used any other acrylic than 16mm, always in big case's it seems.
                              Only one tube run I could consider changing and probably never will.
                              Have a couple led stripes and combs on route from Daz to finish things off.
                              Last edited by nass; 04-15-2018, 08:04 PM.
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

After installing the glass notice this system is almost silent, combs didn't fit so left the cables as is, managed to get a couple pics before reinstalling the glass panels.

Blackout
                                Something-New
                                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                                X