No announcement yet.

800d + hx-1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to pick up red tubing... maybe red fluid (although i still have a couple spare bottles of black). I picked up the red rings thinking it would match better but as of right now it does appear to be a bit much.

I wanted to bring out more of the red on the motherboard itself being a ROG series board it does have a lot of red already on it.

The lighting is programmable RGB so the lights are not stuck at red. Makes the pictures look really washed out.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Looking good.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
        The lighting is programmable RGB so the lights are not stuck at red. Makes the pictures look really washed out.
        Check out red led strips we have in store. Color is amazing. Best red I've seen.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Edited image from before replacing all the fans.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	MODSIDE_A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	74721

In a bit more details this is what I have been thinking. Attach a 90' fitting to the back of the rad directly into a tube res (with 2 top ports) and then lead from a bottom port down along and to where I plan on entering the case near the bottom 3.5 bays (which are still in place and in use). Most likely enter the side of the case VIA QDC's so i can still take this thing apart without it being a nightmare. Then ditch the dual D5 bay res and just get a dual pump top to place in the bottom, should make bleeding 10x easier then trying to figure a nice way of going through the side and to the bay res.

Then just re-do the tubing on the inside to enter and exit the motherboard area through the bottom where the holes already are. Get rid of a lot of the QDC's I have internally between each component because in all honesty I really don't change things around as often as I once did.

Then the only trick while bleeding etc will be to get the air from the top inside down and into the bottom of the rad.
          Last edited by Izerous; 11-23-2012, 02:30 AM.
          Corsair 800D
          Software Developer

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me.

That rad is totally rad LOL
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Looking really good ! Make sure puter does not tip over when you have fans on full blast.
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

No pictures of the change yet but swapped out the ram for something a bit nicer. Pulled out the 8GB of Dominator (4x2GB) ram and kept the corsair ram cooler and airflow pro display thingy out (was by far the loudest part of my computer and put in...

4x8GB (32GB total) of Dominator Platinum sticks that I was able to get a really good price match on. They look really nice next to the Koolance block. Now I get to implement some of the same ram drive features I have been doing for some of our past clients.
                Corsair 800D
                Software Developer

Comment

Ram Drive Eh? I could use a lesson in that.
                  although I don't know if it would work for me, the wife has a bad tendency of turning off my power.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Blaming the wife AGAIN bungz?? I guess she wasn't in the room at the time, eh?
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I invested in a 1500VA UPS because smaller ones wouldn't even keep the computer running let alone, 3 monitors and everything else plugged into it.

Just because of things like that.
                      Corsair 800D
                      Software Developer

Comment

lol Mario. I can't blame myself for Everything can I?

good idea Izerous. been meaning to add that to my list of things I buy that the Mrs. don't know about.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Don't worry bungz, I blame the wife every chance I get - that is when she's not within ear shot or in the room! Lucky for me she avoids the computers as much as she can. The Kobo Vox I bought keeps her busy and distracted!
                          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Found charger for actual camera and took a quick picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dplat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	74722
                            Corsair 800D
                            Software Developer

Comment

nice...more pics please

Comment

That is a "dominating" pic! I know, I suck at humor...
                                Mario

Comment

Working...
                                X