Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
    Bonus photo:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4116[/ATTACH]
    The wife is ready for divorce.
    I bet lol "sorry hun dinner on the floor again" nice build man

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    bummer Alex. what will you use to replace this tube.

and having been near divorce court over this hobby, I been there too.
    just make Her a really sick mod!

Leave a comment:

• Necrodead
    replied
    Thought I would post the pics of the tubing that cracked and caused the leak. The acrylic has become crazy brittle, it breaks in your hands. I must say though this is not acrylic tube with watercooling branding, it is generic tubing from mcmaster carr.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4113[/ATTACH]
    Is that newer peice at the top an unused one? Looks really hazy, surprised that happened with acrylic, at least it should be JUST acrylic I would assume.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Bonus photo:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	07211609090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	77091
    The wife is ready for divorce.
    Last edited by alex5389; 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Thought I would post the pics of the tubing that cracked and caused the leak. The acrylic has become crazy brittle, it breaks in your hands. I must say though this is not acrylic tube with watercooling branding, it is generic tubing from mcmaster carr.

Name:	0721160905a.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	77090

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
    Looks really good, I can't see the imperfections in your pictures, but the shroud I just made is also crooked with a bunch of bubbles, lol. I will probably re-wrap it.

Did you cut acrylic and then glue it to make the corner so sharp? Anyways, looks pretty good from here.
    Thanks Necro! Using the cell phone camera so that helps with the imperfections not being seen. lol. I will probably wind up making a new one. I used a heat gun as I applied and that seem to help me push out all of my bubbles may be you could try that.

Actually I gotta confess that the the shroud is not actual acrylic, I wasn't up for the challenge of bending and cutting that material even though i have a nice sheet of it left over from a previous build.

It is actually 1/4inch foam board that i cut half way through, made a miter joint folded back and married with pins and glue. On the bright side the material is cheap and easy to work with as long as you can exacto in a straight line.

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
    Looks good Alex! I have that same motherboard and block in my backup rig.
    Thanks Bart!! I really like it, mine seems to be fairly marred by staining however I bought darker pastel fluid for it because I don't have the time or energy to take it apart.

Feeling real old these days man.

Leave a comment:

• Bartacus
    replied
    Looks good Alex! I have that same motherboard and block in my backup rig.

Leave a comment:

• Necrodead
    replied
    Looks really good, I can't see the imperfections in your pictures, but the shroud I just made is also crooked with a bunch of bubbles, lol. I will probably re-wrap it.

Did you cut acrylic and then glue it to make the corner so sharp? Anyways, looks pretty good from here.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Put together a psu shroud this weekend. I found a nice one online but it spans the whole width of the case and for 60 bucks shipped.. "no thank you, ill try and make my own", I said. Only moderately happy with the results. One of the edges is a little crooked and and the vinyl has some imperfections on it so I might give it another go, but all in all not bad for a first attempt.

Name:	0717161447.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	77084Click image for larger version

Name:	0717161757.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	77085

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
    Woah nice build! I hadn't seen it as it was before my tenure on the forums. I quite like the light blue coolant, very tight build as well!
    Thanks Necro

Just wait! I'm very excited about this one.

Leave a comment:

• Necrodead
    replied
    Alright guys, time to rebuild! The FP will be evolving just a tad from the 250D to its bigger brother the 350D. This change is mainly due to the fact that I i originally selected the 250D for the challenge and the glory, and while it turned our pretty OK and I had a great time building, I simply am not up for rebuilding in that small volume. The 250D is a great case but the 350D will give me a lot more flexibility to make a pretty build, it arrived the other day and I have already started to rebuild. Stay tuned for PRON!!
    Woah nice build! I hadn't seen it as it was before my tenure on the forums. I quite like the light blue coolant, very tight build as well!

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Alright guys, time to rebuild! The FP will be evolving just a tad from the 250D to its bigger brother the 350D. This change is mainly due to the fact that I i originally selected the 250D for the challenge and the glory, and while it turned our pretty OK and I had a great time building, I simply am not up for rebuilding in that small volume. The 250D is a great case but the 350D will give me a lot more flexibility to make a pretty build, it arrived the other day and I have already started to rebuild. Stay tuned for PRON!!

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
    nice loop - literally
    I looked back, I think you also had ambitions to put a loop into your loop.

Originally posted by Hanoverfist View Post
    I like the little twist. I do prefer a darker color coolant
    But its your build so you choose..
    Stay posted for it going darker Han!

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
    Wow, some quality shots here! Good job!

Really neat. And I know now what it means -->> itx!
    Thank you very much DAZ, I learned from the best.
    I was brought to this fine community through your youtube videos.

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Colour is cool, a little darker would be closer to sleeve. Very nice job on the tubing ![ATTACH=CONFIG]2397[/ATTACH]
    Stay tuned OMG! is that a real thing in someones back yard?!?

Originally posted by Hero1 View Post
    Playing twist I see
    haha. Later I had an idea to go even twistier but was limited by the material.

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
    yeah i agree go darker to sleeve

love the loopyness of this build
    Thanks for all the support Father! Will slowly dail up the color drop by drop. But definitely don't want to go darker than the sleeving.

Leave a comment:

• Father Fuzzy
    replied
    yeah i agree go darker to sleeve

love the loopyness of this build

Leave a comment:

• Hero1
    replied
    Playing twist I see

Leave a comment:

Working...
X